Roasted green onions with raisins
Saturday 21 August 2010
This was one of the starters at the feast. It's deliciously simple and it was served with tiny dried wild berries; for this recipe I've used raisins instead. If you can't find large bulbous spring or green onions, then you could use large shallots.
250-300g large spring onions, cut to about 5-6cm from the ends
2tbsp raisins, soaked in water overnight
100ml red wine
2-3tbsp olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 180C/gas mark 5. Place the onions in a roasting tray with the olive oil and season. Cook for about 30 minutes until tender, turning them as they are cooking.
Meanwhile, drain the raisins, put them in a pan with the red wine and simmer until the wine has evaporated.
To serve, toss the raisins and onions together and serve hot or at room temperature.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 All Blacks Aaron Cruden misses New Zealand flight after drinking session, has brilliant excuse
- 2 Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
- 3 'F*ck it, I quit': TV reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 4 Alicia Keys leaks nude photo 'to create a kinder and more peaceful world'
- 5 Clothes store Joy angers mental health campaigners with Twitter exchange on bipolar disorders
iJobs Food & Drink
£50 - 60k (DOE): Guru Careers: An Affiliate Marketing Manager / Affiliate Mana...
£18000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: ***EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY FO...
Basic of £18,000 + commission, realistic OTE of £30-£50k : Ocean Holidays: Le...
£20 - 26k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Marketing Executive / Member Services Ex...