Roasted Jerusalem artichokes and apples
Saturday 11 December 2010
I love the earthiness of Jerusalem artichokes, and roasted with some chunks of dessert apple, they complement the goose perfectly. If the skins of the artichokes are pretty clean, you can just halve them or keep them whole and cook them in the skins.
700-800g Jerusalem artichokes, scrubbed or peeled if they are dirty
4 dessert apples, peeled, cored and cut into chunks about the same size as the Jerusalem artichokes
3-4tbsp rapeseed oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2tbsp chopped parsley
Preheat the oven to 200C/gas mark 6. Halve any large artichokes so that they are all the same size.
Put them in a roasting tray with the apples and season to taste. Roast for about 30 minutes, turning them every so often.
Turn the oven down a little if they are colouring too much and continue cooking until the artichokes are tender.
Add the butter and parsley and return to the oven for a few minutes.
Olympic diver has made his modelling debut for Adidas
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Daniele Watts: Django Unchained star's white boyfriend Brian Lucas confirms LAPD internally investigating 'racist' detainment
- 2 Isis release 'Flames of War' video warning Obama of attacks troops could face in Iraq
- 3 Pakistani passenger power forces two politicians off plane
- 4 Say yes to 'no-poo': It's been three years since I stopped washing my hair
- 5 John Travolta addresses former pilot's gay romance allegations publicly for the first time: 'That was the lowest I'd ever felt'
iJobs Food & Drink
£18000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: ***EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY FO...
Basic of £18,000 + commission, realistic OTE of £30-£50k : Ocean Holidays: Le...
£20 - 26k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Marketing Executive / Member Services Ex...
£15,000 - £25,000: Recruitment Genius: A fantastic opportunity has arisen for ...