Roasted Jerusalem artichokes and apples
Saturday 11 December 2010
I love the earthiness of Jerusalem artichokes, and roasted with some chunks of dessert apple, they complement the goose perfectly. If the skins of the artichokes are pretty clean, you can just halve them or keep them whole and cook them in the skins.
700-800g Jerusalem artichokes, scrubbed or peeled if they are dirty
4 dessert apples, peeled, cored and cut into chunks about the same size as the Jerusalem artichokes
3-4tbsp rapeseed oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2tbsp chopped parsley
Preheat the oven to 200C/gas mark 6. Halve any large artichokes so that they are all the same size.
Put them in a roasting tray with the apples and season to taste. Roast for about 30 minutes, turning them every so often.
Turn the oven down a little if they are colouring too much and continue cooking until the artichokes are tender.
Add the butter and parsley and return to the oven for a few minutes.
Life & Style blogs
Video shows how to turn your phone into a 3D hologram
Gill Pharaoh: Healthy former nurse, 75, passes away at assisted dying clinic after deciding old age is 'awful'
Free porn websites could be shut down within months, says David Cameron
The difference between a psychopath and a sociopath
Porn block in India: hundreds of sexual websites banned, internet outraged
- 1 Sabrina Corgatelli: US hunting tourist posts picture of herself with dead giraffe after Cecil the lion outrage
- 2 Katie Hopkins reveals fear she will die during brain surgery to cure epilepsy
- 3 Edward Heath 'child sex abuse' allegation: Investigation to be held into Wiltshire police handling of alleged claim in the 1990s
- 4 Dutch King Willem-Alexander declares the end of the welfare state
- 5 Tom Cruise: Reporters banned from asking actor about Scientology
iJobs Food & Drink
Circa £26,500 DOE: Guru Careers: An International Project Coordinator / Accoun...
£25k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Plumber / Mainten...
£14000 - £17000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing travel comp...
£19000 - £21000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Are you looking for an exciting...