Roasted maple peas
Saturday 04 December 2010
Maple peas, or carlings, can be tricky to get your hands on unless you live in the North. If you can't get them, just use chickpeas instead.
100g maple peas, soaked overnight in cold water
4tbsp rapeseed oil
2tsp fresh thyme leaves
2tsp rosemary leaves chopped
2tsp ground cumin
1tsp chilli flakes
2tsp sea salt
Cook the maple peas in salted water for about an hour or until tender then drain. Heat 3tbsp of the oil in a frying pan and fry the peas on a medium heat for 4-5 minutes, stirring as they are cooking until crisp. Add the rest of the oil and the other ingredients and cook for another minute or so, stirring well. Drain on some kitchen paper and leave to cool before serving.
Life & Style blogs
Miley Cyrus' VMA outfits spark copying controversy
Huawei Mate S and Huawei Watch: new products take on iPhone 6 Plus and Apple Watch
What marriage would look like if we actually followed the Bible
Overly-controlling parents cause their children lifelong psychological damage, says study
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
- 1 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 2 Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
- 3 Make your voice heard: Sign The Independent's petition to welcome refugees
- 4 Refugee crisis: Aylan's life was full of fear - in death, he is part of 'humanity washed ashore'
- 5 German police forced to ask public to stop bringing donations for refugees arriving by train
iJobs Food & Drink
£25000 - £28000 per annum + 24 days holiday, bonus, etc.: Ashdown Group: Print...
£20000 - £26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: With offices in London, Manches...
£30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Customer and Brand Manager required for ...
£25000 - £35000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: Systems Administrator A...