Roasted maple peas
Saturday 04 December 2010
Maple peas, or carlings, can be tricky to get your hands on unless you live in the North. If you can't get them, just use chickpeas instead.
100g maple peas, soaked overnight in cold water
4tbsp rapeseed oil
2tsp fresh thyme leaves
2tsp rosemary leaves chopped
2tsp ground cumin
1tsp chilli flakes
2tsp sea salt
Cook the maple peas in salted water for about an hour or until tender then drain. Heat 3tbsp of the oil in a frying pan and fry the peas on a medium heat for 4-5 minutes, stirring as they are cooking until crisp. Add the rest of the oil and the other ingredients and cook for another minute or so, stirring well. Drain on some kitchen paper and leave to cool before serving.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Poveglia: 'World's most haunted island' up for sale...is anyone brave enough to buy it?
- 2 Babies cry at night to stop mothers procreating, scientists claim
- 3 24 people applied for the 'world's toughest job', here are their interviews
- 4 Andre Johnson: Wu-Tang Clan-discovered rapper severed his penis and jumped from LA building
- 5 Mrs Doubtfire 2: Robin Williams set to star in sequel to 1993 comedy
iJobs Food & Drink
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: There are many small development projects in ...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Kaya Responsible Travel offer a variety of sp...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Volunteer with Kaya in Borneo and work on a p...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: If you have a passion for elephants and want ...