Roasted maple peas
Saturday 04 December 2010
Maple peas, or carlings, can be tricky to get your hands on unless you live in the North. If you can't get them, just use chickpeas instead.
100g maple peas, soaked overnight in cold water
4tbsp rapeseed oil
2tsp fresh thyme leaves
2tsp rosemary leaves chopped
2tsp ground cumin
1tsp chilli flakes
2tsp sea salt
Cook the maple peas in salted water for about an hour or until tender then drain. Heat 3tbsp of the oil in a frying pan and fry the peas on a medium heat for 4-5 minutes, stirring as they are cooking until crisp. Add the rest of the oil and the other ingredients and cook for another minute or so, stirring well. Drain on some kitchen paper and leave to cool before serving.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police
- 2 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 3 Bill Cosby: Isn’t it obvious why his accusers have stayed silent up until now?
- 4 Halle Berry takes ex-boyfriend Gabriel Aubry to court for allegedly trying to make daughter look less African-American
- 5 Isis propaganda image showing 'abuse of Muslim woman by soldiers' is actually taken from Hungarian porn film
iJobs Food & Drink
£40000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits : Investigo: One of the fastest growing g...
25,000: Sphere Digital Recruitment: CRM Executive – Global Travel Brand – Luto...
£50000 - £55000 per annum: Investigo: A growing group of top end restaurants l...
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: Excellent opportunities are available for par...