Roasted mushrooms, pumpkin and bacon
Sunday 06 October 2013
If you have any leftovers, this would make a wonderful salad, with some large garlicky croutons and parsley.
1kg/2lb pumpkin or squash, unpeeled, seeded and cut into wedges
3 tbsp olive oil
1 sprig rosemary, leaves chopped
4 sprigs thyme
¼ tsp dried chilli flakes
500g/1lb large flat mushrooms
8 rashers streaky bacon
Preheat the oven to 220C/425F/Gas7. Toss the pumpkin with 2 tbsp of olive oil, the rosemary and thyme in a large baking tray. Season with sea salt and ground black pepper and roast for 25 minutes.
Remove the tray with the pumpkin from the oven and gently stir through the chilli and mushrooms. Top with the bacon rashers and drizzle the remaining tbsp of oil over the bacon.
Roast for 15 minutes, or until the bacon is golden and crisp.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Kaya Responsible Travel offer a variety of sp...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Increases in tourism, the introduction of new...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Volunteer with Kaya in Borneo and work on a p...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Data Management & ...