Roasted peppers with goat's cheese and capers
This is a nice colourful sandwich that can be served as a snack or as a dinner-party starter.
2 red peppers
50g very soft goat's cheese or goat's curd
2 slices of sourdough
1 tbsp olive oil
A few sprigs of bush basil or basil leaves
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat a grill to maximum temperature. Halve the peppers, lay them on a baking tray, skin side up, and grill until the skins are black; then transfer to a bowl and cover with clingfilm and leave for 10 minutes. Remove the skin and any seeds and stalks.
Grill the bread on both sides and brush with olive oil. Arrange the peppers on the bread, then break the goat's cheese into small pieces on top of that.
Scatter over the capers and basil, season and spoon over a little more olive oil.
Life & Style blogs
Charlie Charlie Challenge: how to banish the demon from your Facebook and Twitter news feed
World first as scientists use cold sore virus to attack cancer cells
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
Cholesterol U-turn as research shows fatty foods might not be bad for us after all
'Paracetamol Challenge': Police and teachers issue warning to parents over social media craze
- 1 I was raped by another man. And now the Government wants to take away the one thing that saved my life
- 2 UK's biggest male rape charity Survivors UK has state funding slashed to zero despite 120% rise in men reporting sexual violence and seeking help
- 3 Ricky Gervais jokes about 'battering Danish DJ to death with a bicycle pump' after rabbit killed
- 4 Iran launches anti-Isis cartoon competition 'to expose true nature of Islamic State'
- 5 England 'favourites' to host 2018 World Cup following Fifa arrests
iJobs Food & Drink
£32K: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Dining Room Head Chef to work for one of ...
£27K: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Pastry Sous Chef / Experienced Pastry Che...
£24K + Excellent Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking an Events Coordinator ...
Salary 42,000: Royal Yachting Association Cymru Wales: The CEO is responsible ...