Roasted red pepper dip
Saturday 07 August 2010
This is a brilliant summery dip to serve with crudités, or for dipping into with chunks of crusty bread or slices of focaccia. You could make this with green or yellow peppers if you wish – and it's also great spread onto pizza dough in place of tomato.
1 small onion, peeled, halved and finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
2tbsp olive oil
4 red peppers, quartered and seeds removed
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Line a grill tray with foil and lay out the pepper quarters skin side up.
Place under a hot grill until the skins are black, then transfer to a bowl and cover with clingfilm.
Meanwhile, gently cook the onions and garlic in the olive oil for 2-3 minutes until soft, and remove from the heat.
Remove the skins from the peppers and place them in a food processor with the onions.
Blend until smooth and season to taste.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Paul Scholes: Manchester City were so good against Liverpool I felt like turning the television off
- 2 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 3 Pamela Anderson rejects ice bucket challenge because of ALS experiments on animals: 'Mice had holes drilled into their skulls'
- 4 Homer Simpson takes the ALS ice bucket challenge because of course he does
- 5 Hello Kitty is not a cat after all
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
£30 - 35k + Uncapped Comission (£70k Y1 OTE): Guru Careers: A Business Develop...
£18k + Uncapped Commission (£60k Y1 OTE): Guru Careers: A Graduate Sales Exe...
£25 - 60k (DOE): Guru Careers: A Web Developer / Software Developer is needed ...
£6000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: Oracle 11...