Roasted red pepper dip
Saturday 07 August 2010
This is a brilliant summery dip to serve with crudités, or for dipping into with chunks of crusty bread or slices of focaccia. You could make this with green or yellow peppers if you wish – and it's also great spread onto pizza dough in place of tomato.
1 small onion, peeled, halved and finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
2tbsp olive oil
4 red peppers, quartered and seeds removed
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Line a grill tray with foil and lay out the pepper quarters skin side up.
Place under a hot grill until the skins are black, then transfer to a bowl and cover with clingfilm.
Meanwhile, gently cook the onions and garlic in the olive oil for 2-3 minutes until soft, and remove from the heat.
Remove the skins from the peppers and place them in a food processor with the onions.
Blend until smooth and season to taste.
Life & Style blogs
Holocaust Memorial Day: 70 years since Auschwitz liberation, these are the stories of survivors
Double chins could be 'cured' without surgery or dieting using new injection
Does the path to true love really lie in these 36 questions?
Hershey's angers US chocolate purists by forcing company to stop importing 'yummy' Cadbury bars
Pot of gold: tasting the world’s most expensive tea
- 1 The BBC has just done more to eradicate ‘terrorism’ than all our wars since 9/11
- 2 Does the path to true love really lie in these 36 questions?
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Presidential optical illusion offers clues to how brain processes faces
- 5 Roald Dahl letter warning student to 'eschew beastly adjectives' rediscovered after 35 years
iJobs Food & Drink
£21000 - £22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Located on the stunning Sandban...
£26 - 35k (DOE): Guru Careers: An Email Marketing Specialist is needed to join...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity to join a is a...
Unpaid voluntary work: Old Royal Naval College: Join our team of friendly volu...