Roasted red pepper dip
Saturday 07 August 2010
This is a brilliant summery dip to serve with crudités, or for dipping into with chunks of crusty bread or slices of focaccia. You could make this with green or yellow peppers if you wish – and it's also great spread onto pizza dough in place of tomato.
1 small onion, peeled, halved and finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
2tbsp olive oil
4 red peppers, quartered and seeds removed
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Line a grill tray with foil and lay out the pepper quarters skin side up.
Place under a hot grill until the skins are black, then transfer to a bowl and cover with clingfilm.
Meanwhile, gently cook the onions and garlic in the olive oil for 2-3 minutes until soft, and remove from the heat.
Remove the skins from the peppers and place them in a food processor with the onions.
Blend until smooth and season to taste.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Alan Rickman admits editing 'terrible' script with friends in Pizza Hut behind backs of writers on Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves
- 2 18th century sex toy found in 'toilet of sword fighting school' in Poland
- 3 US? China? India? The 10 biggest economies in 2030 will be...
- 4 'I wish my teacher knew...': Young students share their 'heartbreaking' worries in notes
- 5 Rebecca Francis accuses Ricky Gervais of using 'influence' to target female hunters after receiving barrage of death threats
iJobs Food & Drink
£24000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: With offices in Manchester, Lon...
Competitive (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a number of Marketi...
£20000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This well established business ...
£25000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Management Accountant - Manchester...