Roasted rhubarb with mascarpone
Sunday 01 February 2009
Here contrasting flavours and textures work well to create a rich, yet palate-cleansing dessert
4 sticks winter rhubarb
100ml/31/2fl oz verjus or water
150g/5oz golden caster sugar
The peel of one orange
One vanilla pod, split in half lengthways
Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas4. Wash the rhubarb, trim the base and slice it into two-inch pieces.
Place in a baking tray and pour over the verjus or water, sprinkle over the sugar and orange peel, and tuck the vanilla pod into the centre.
Seal with tin foil and place on the middle shelf of the warm oven. Roast for 20 minutes or until the rhubarb is soft but not quite falling apart.
Remove from the oven, take off the foil and allow to cool to room temperature.
Once the rhubarb has cooled, divide between four plates and place a dollop of mascarpone on top of each.
Life & Style blogs
Husband creates spreadsheet detailing wife's 'excuses' for turning down sex
UK pirates will get four warning letters a year
Apple has installed security backdoors on 600m iPhones and iPads, claims security researcher
Why do we have blood types?
Xiaomi Mi4: 'Chinese Apple' launches flagship mobile to challenge iPhone
- 1 Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Pro-Russian rebel 'admits to shooting down plane'
- 2 Israel has discovered that it's no longer so easy to get away with murder in the age of social media
- 3 Israel-Gaza conflict: The myth of Hamas’s human shields
- 4 Amy Winehouse unpublished 2004 interview: ‘Ten years from now I’ll be 30, so I’ll maybe have one baby’
- 5 Dutch paedophile club to fight their ban at the European Court of Human Rights
iJobs Food & Drink
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Pension, Healthcare : Deerfoot IT Resources Limite...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...
Unpaid voluntary role: Old Royal Naval College: To assist the Visitor Experien...
£45-£55k OTE £75k : Charter Selection: Major London International Fashion and ...