Romanesco with taleggio and capers
Now this is a weird-looking cauliflower, or is it a broccoli? No wonder romanesco's sometimes referred to as broccoflower.
With its pointy florets and Incredible Hulk-hue, it looks like it's just landed from Mars, but don't be put off – romanesco actually makes for an interesting, tasty dish, and is particularly great to try if you like cauliflower but want to explore something a bit different.
1 head of romanesco, broken down into florets and washed
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
3-4tbsp olive oil
Preheat the oven to 200C/gas mark 6. Cook the romanesco in boiling salted water for 6-8 minutes or until tender, then drain. Place the romanesco in an ovenproof serving dish, season to taste, and spoon over the olive oil and capers.
Break the taleggio into chunks and scatter over the romanesco. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until the cheese is melting. Serve immediately.
Life & Style blogs
The difference between a psychopath and a sociopath
From criminal to catwalk: Convict Jeremy Meeks wins modelling contract in the most unusual fashion scouting – behind bars
Prostate cancer could actually be five different diseases, say scientists
NHS treatments such as vasectomies and hip operations to be rationed because of cost-cutting
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
- 1 Australia to impose 24-hour curfew on all cats to protect endangered species
- 2 Model's video shoot on the beach interrupted by sudden landing of a group of illegal migrants
- 3 The difference between a psychopath and a sociopath
- 4 MH370 search: Boeing 777 wing that could match missing plane found on the French island of Reunion
- 5 'Killer robots' with AI must be banned, urge Stephen Hawking, Noam Chomsky and thousands of others in open letter
iJobs Food & Drink
COMPETITIVE: Guru Careers: A Product Manager / Product Owner is required to jo...
£25k plus Benefits: Guru Careers: A Carpenter and Maintenance Operator is need...
£17600 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This museum cares for one of the largest...
£12500 - £24500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Drivers wanted for a family run...