Romanesco with taleggio and capers
Now this is a weird-looking cauliflower, or is it a broccoli? No wonder romanesco's sometimes referred to as broccoflower.
With its pointy florets and Incredible Hulk-hue, it looks like it's just landed from Mars, but don't be put off – romanesco actually makes for an interesting, tasty dish, and is particularly great to try if you like cauliflower but want to explore something a bit different.
1 head of romanesco, broken down into florets and washed
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
3-4tbsp olive oil
Preheat the oven to 200C/gas mark 6. Cook the romanesco in boiling salted water for 6-8 minutes or until tender, then drain. Place the romanesco in an ovenproof serving dish, season to taste, and spoon over the olive oil and capers.
Break the taleggio into chunks and scatter over the romanesco. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until the cheese is melting. Serve immediately.
Life & Style blogs
How old is your heart? US research finds three out of four people have hearts five years older than their actual age
iPhone 6s Plus photos: leaks show Force Touch display, subtly altered size
Huawei Mate S and Huawei Watch: new products take on iPhone 6 Plus and Apple Watch
Why do we have eyebrows? The social significance of our silent communicators
WhatsApp: How to discover who your best friends are - using a hidden tool within the application
- 1 Huawei Mate S and Huawei Watch: new products take on iPhone 6 Plus and Apple Watch
- 2 More than 11,000 Icelanders offer to house Syrian refugees to help European crisis
- 3 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 4 Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
- 5 German police forced to ask public to stop bringing donations for refugees arriving by train
iJobs Food & Drink
£25000 - £28000 per annum + 24 days holiday, bonus, etc.: Ashdown Group: Print...
£20000 - £26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: With offices in London, Manches...
£30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Customer and Brand Manager required for ...
£25000 - £35000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: Systems Administrator A...