This is a great winter or autumn salad using a good mixture of red leaves and whatever other suitable red ingredients you can get your hands on.
3-4 good handfuls of red salad leaves such as treviso, radicchio, ruby chard, red endive, red amaranth, etc
2 medium beetroots, cooked, peeled and cut into wedges
20 seedless black grapes, halved
2 large red onions, baked in a moderate oven in their skins for 45 minutes
For the dressing
2tbsp good-quality red wine vinegar
5tbsp olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Whisk the vinegar and oil together and season to taste. Remove the skins from the onions, cut them into 6 wedges each and pull the natural layers apart. Toss all of the ingredients together with the dressing and season.
Life & Style blogs
The 10 Best Scotch Whiskies
Babies cry at night to stop mothers procreating, scientists claim
Naked yoga: the bare truth - it's already big in the US, and has now landed here
The 10 Best kitchen knives
Kim Jong-ale: How did Ushers brewery of Trowbridge end up in North Korea producing Pyongyang's number one beer - and what did it take to set up a taste test back in Wiltshire?
- 1 KFC 'sorry' after lesbian couple are kicked out of Bath restaurant for 'heavy petting'
- 2 Dylan Tombides: West Ham confirm 20-year-old striker has died after battle with cancer
- 3 24 people applied for the 'world's toughest job', here are their interviews
- 4 'Sinful': Video of British Muslims dancing to Pharrell Williams's hit Happy comes under attack
- 5 Saudi Arabia declares all atheists are terrorists in new law to crack down on political dissidents
iJobs Food & Drink
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: There are many small development projects in ...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Kaya Responsible Travel offer a variety of sp...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Volunteer with Kaya in Borneo and work on a p...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: If you have a passion for elephants and want ...