This is a great winter or autumn salad using a good mixture of red leaves and whatever other suitable red ingredients you can get your hands on.
3-4 good handfuls of red salad leaves such as treviso, radicchio, ruby chard, red endive, red amaranth, etc
2 medium beetroots, cooked, peeled and cut into wedges
20 seedless black grapes, halved
2 large red onions, baked in a moderate oven in their skins for 45 minutes
For the dressing
2tbsp good-quality red wine vinegar
5tbsp olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Whisk the vinegar and oil together and season to taste. Remove the skins from the onions, cut them into 6 wedges each and pull the natural layers apart. Toss all of the ingredients together with the dressing and season.
Life & Style blogs
Karl Lagerfeld's famous cat made £2m last year - that's more than Cara Delevingne earned
Google April Fools': company unveils backwards search engine and huggable digital assistant
Fast food Britain: The number of takeaways soars across the nation's high streets
Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
The Clove Club: The restaurant where you will pre-pay for your food
- 1 Rape threats, death threats and a police investigation after video poking fun at an Islamic Party in Malaysia goes viral
- 2 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 3 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
- 4 6-year-old writes ice cold Valentine's card to his stepmother
- 5 Syrian child photographed 'surrendering to camera because she thought it was a gun'
iJobs Food & Drink
£12500 - £36000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This established Wakefield Deal...
Competitive (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: our .NET Developers / Software Dev...
£25,000 - £30,000: Sheridan Maine: Are you looking for a fantastic opportunity...
£25000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Management Accountant - Manchester...