Salad of cauliflower, black olives, feta cheese and tomatoes
Sunday 05 September 2010
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1 head of cauliflower, broken into one-inch florets
4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 tbsp red-wine vinegar
4 ripe tomatoes, sliced
1 bunch of mint, leaves only
50g/2oz black olives
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Cut the feta into thin slices and sprinkle with the oregano.
Now cook the cauliflower florets for four minutes in boiling water, then drain and place into a bowl.
Allow to cool slightly then drizzle over the oil and vinegar and mix together well.
Once the cauliflower is back to room temperature, add all the other ingredients to the bowl and toss lightly.
Season to taste and arrange artfully on plates. Serve at once.
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
life + styleClarissa Baldwin is the brains behind the slogan 'A Dog is for Life not just for Christmas'
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 2 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 3 Scientists sequence oldest human DNA from fossilised leg bone found in Spain
- 4 Cannabis can cause man boobs, US surgeon claims
- 5 Joanna Lumley’s garden bridge over the Thames gets £30m seal of approval from Government
iJobs Food & Drink
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Kaya Responsible Travel offer a variety of sp...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Increases in tourism, the introduction of new...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Volunteer with Kaya in Borneo and work on a p...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Data Management & ...