Salmon fingers with pea mayonnaise
These salmon fish fingers are great for kids – or grown-ups, come to that. You can also miniaturise them for party snacks or keep them in the freezer for emergency suppers.
400-500g salmon fillets, skinned and boned
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 eggs, beaten
50-60g fresh white breadcrumbs
Vegetable or corn oil for deep frying
For the pea mayonnaise
100g fresh podded or frozen peas
2-3tbsp good-quality mayonnaise
Salt and pepper
Cut the salmon fillet into fingers measuring about 4-5cm long and 1cm wide. Season and put them first in the flour, shaking off any excess, then into the egg and finally into the breadcrumbs.
To make the pea mayonnaise, coarsely chop the peas by hand or give them a brief blend in a food processor, then stir in the mayonnaise and season to taste.
Heat about 1cm of oil in a frying pan and fry the fish fingers for about 2-3 minutes on each side, then remove from the pan. Spoon the pea mayonnaise on to serving plates, place the fish fingers on top and serve with wedges of lemon or malt vinegar.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Snoop Dogg and Jared Leto buy a stake in Reddit as A-list invests $50m
- 2 Prince held a Facebook Q&A and this is the only question he answered
- 3 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
- 4 Now we know whose fault it is if you end up being murdered in Thailand
- 5 35,000 walrus gather ashore on north-west Alaska beach 'for a rest'
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
30,000 to 35,000 per annum: Accountancy Action: We are currently recruiting on...
28,000 to 32,000 per annum: Accountancy Action: Our client, a hospitality busi...
18,000 to 20,000 per annum: Accountancy Action: Our fantastic leisure client i...
£20 - 24k: Guru Careers: A Marketing Analyst / Marketing Executive is needed t...