Salmon fingers with pea mayonnaise
These salmon fish fingers are great for kids – or grown-ups, come to that. You can also miniaturise them for party snacks or keep them in the freezer for emergency suppers.
400-500g salmon fillets, skinned and boned
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 eggs, beaten
50-60g fresh white breadcrumbs
Vegetable or corn oil for deep frying
For the pea mayonnaise
100g fresh podded or frozen peas
2-3tbsp good-quality mayonnaise
Salt and pepper
Cut the salmon fillet into fingers measuring about 4-5cm long and 1cm wide. Season and put them first in the flour, shaking off any excess, then into the egg and finally into the breadcrumbs.
To make the pea mayonnaise, coarsely chop the peas by hand or give them a brief blend in a food processor, then stir in the mayonnaise and season to taste.
Heat about 1cm of oil in a frying pan and fry the fish fingers for about 2-3 minutes on each side, then remove from the pan. Spoon the pea mayonnaise on to serving plates, place the fish fingers on top and serve with wedges of lemon or malt vinegar.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Woman 'suffocates newborn baby in plastic bag and puts it in her desk minutes after giving birth'
- 2 I've been called an abusive and dangerous parent, when all I did was listen to my transgender child
- 3 Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
- 4 Teaching profession headed for crisis as numbers continue to drop and working lives become 'unbearable'
- 5 Chinese student carries disabled friend to school every day for three years
iJobs Food & Drink
£35 - 45k: Guru Careers: An MI Developer is needed to join the leading provide...
£20000 - £22500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This leisure organisation manag...
£25000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Delivering an inspiring, engagi...
£17500 - £20500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They are looking for a great te...