Salsa of pumpkin and tomatillo
Saturday 06 December 2008
1kg of firm pumpkin or butternut squash flesh, peeled and cut into rough 1cm dice
5 red onions, peeled, halved, finely chopped
350ml red wine vinegar
500g tomatillos or green tomatoes, cut into rough 1cm chunks
500-600ml olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
5-6tbsp chopped coriander
50-60g pumpkin seeds, toasted and chopped
Simmer the red onions in the red wine vinegar for about 2-3 minutes and then remove from the heat.
While the onions are cooling down, blanch the pumpkin or the butternut squash in boiling salted water for approximately 2-4 minutes until just tender and then drain and refresh under cold water.
Mix the red onions and blanched pumpkin or squash together with the olive oil, tomatillo, salt and freshly ground pepper, chopped coriander and lightly toasted, chopped pumpkin seeds. Add extra seasoning if necessary, to taste.
Serve with the chicken escalope below.
Life & Style blogs
Kanye West's Yeezy Boost trainers: All you need to know ahead of the UK launch
Majority of UK women don't bathe or take a shower daily
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
Brit Awards 2015: Red carpet round up, from Paloma Faith to Ed Sheeran
The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 1 Scarlett Johansson new band 'already hit with legal complaint' from another The Singles
- 2 Husband and wife die holding hands within hours of each other after 67 years of marriage
- 3 What color is The Dress, white and gold or blue and black? An eyewitness gives a definitive answer
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
iJobs Food & Drink
£12500 - £36000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This established Knaresborough ...
£23,000: Beverley James: Do you have a background in hospitality and are you l...
£26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The post holder is a key member of the V...
£18000 - £28800 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Vehicle Breakdown Recovery Driv...