Salsa of pumpkin and tomatillo
Saturday 06 December 2008
1kg of firm pumpkin or butternut squash flesh, peeled and cut into rough 1cm dice
5 red onions, peeled, halved, finely chopped
350ml red wine vinegar
500g tomatillos or green tomatoes, cut into rough 1cm chunks
500-600ml olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
5-6tbsp chopped coriander
50-60g pumpkin seeds, toasted and chopped
Simmer the red onions in the red wine vinegar for about 2-3 minutes and then remove from the heat.
While the onions are cooling down, blanch the pumpkin or the butternut squash in boiling salted water for approximately 2-4 minutes until just tender and then drain and refresh under cold water.
Mix the red onions and blanched pumpkin or squash together with the olive oil, tomatillo, salt and freshly ground pepper, chopped coriander and lightly toasted, chopped pumpkin seeds. Add extra seasoning if necessary, to taste.
Serve with the chicken escalope below.
Life & Style blogs
How old is your heart? US research finds three out of four people have hearts five years older than their actual age
iPhone 6s Plus photos: leaks show Force Touch display, subtly altered size
Huawei Mate S and Huawei Watch: new products take on iPhone 6 Plus and Apple Watch
Pansexual: What is it - and when did the term gain popularity?
WhatsApp: How to discover who your best friends are - using a hidden tool within the application
- 1 Huawei Mate S and Huawei Watch: new products take on iPhone 6 Plus and Apple Watch
- 2 More than 11,000 Icelanders offer to house Syrian refugees to help European crisis
- 3 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 4 Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
- 5 German police forced to ask public to stop bringing donations for refugees arriving by train
iJobs Food & Drink
£25000 - £28000 per annum + 24 days holiday, bonus, etc.: Ashdown Group: Print...
£20000 - £26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: With offices in London, Manches...
£30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Customer and Brand Manager required for ...
£25000 - £35000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: Systems Administrator A...