Salsa of pumpkin and tomatillo
Saturday 06 December 2008
1kg of firm pumpkin or butternut squash flesh, peeled and cut into rough 1cm dice
5 red onions, peeled, halved, finely chopped
350ml red wine vinegar
500g tomatillos or green tomatoes, cut into rough 1cm chunks
500-600ml olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
5-6tbsp chopped coriander
50-60g pumpkin seeds, toasted and chopped
Simmer the red onions in the red wine vinegar for about 2-3 minutes and then remove from the heat.
While the onions are cooling down, blanch the pumpkin or the butternut squash in boiling salted water for approximately 2-4 minutes until just tender and then drain and refresh under cold water.
Mix the red onions and blanched pumpkin or squash together with the olive oil, tomatillo, salt and freshly ground pepper, chopped coriander and lightly toasted, chopped pumpkin seeds. Add extra seasoning if necessary, to taste.
Serve with the chicken escalope below.
Life & Style blogs
Men in crop tops seem to be trending thanks to Kid Cudi, the social media and the catwalk
What is ALS and the Ice Bucket Challenge?
Greggs Google fail: bakery chain falls afoul of search engine's algorithms with 'unofficial' logo
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
Is this the end of apps? New research says a third of us don't bother to download
- 1 Michael Brown shooting: Police shoot and kill second young black man near Ferguson
- 2 James Foley 'beheaded': Isis video shows militant with British accent 'execute US journalist' – and warns Obama of more to come
- 3 Why are UK rail fares so expensive?
- 4 Here’s the damning letter Robin Williams wrote to his Mrs Doubtfire co-star's principal after they expelled her
- 5 Cilla Black defends Cliff Richard: 'I am positive that the allegations are without foundation'
iJobs Food & Drink
£6000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: Oracle 11...
£17K OTE £30K: Charter Selection: Highly successful and innovative specialist...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Working with an exciting ...
£23,000: Sauce Recruitment: A global leader in sports and entertainment is now...