Scallops with chickpeas and green sauce
Sunday 29 August 2010
This is almost like a salad. The chickpeas are served at room temperature, while the fresh and vibrant green sauce lifts the dish as a whole. Don't be tempted to leave it out, as the dish will lose all its life.
400g/13oz cooked chickpeas
1 tbsp red-wine vinegar
1 bunch flat-leaf parsley
3 tbsp olive oil
For the green sauce
3 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
1 tbsp chopped tarragon
1 tbsp chopped mint
3 anchovy fillets, very finely chopped
1 tsp red-wine vinegar
2 tbsp olive oil
The juice of half a lemon
Place all the chopped herbs and the anchovies into a bowl. Add the vinegar and a little salt and stir well to combine. Pour over the olive oil and stir once again.
Place the chickpeas into a bowl. Add the vinegar, parsley and olive oil, and season with the salt. Squeeze over the lemon juice and stir together.
Cook the scallops as per the first recipe (see related links). Spoon the chickpeas on to a plate and lay the scallops on top. Pour over the green sauce and serve at once.
Life & Style blogs
How Old Do I Look: Microsoft’s super advanced age-guessing app is terrible at guessing how old celebrities are, too
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
The 12 most sexually satisfied countries in the world revealed
Nasa might have successfully tested a warp drive that could carry people at speeds approaching that of light
ZX Spectrum to return with Vega reboot
- 1 Indonesia executions: Death row British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford will refuse to wear a blindfold when she faces firing squad
- 2 The man who filmed the Freddie Gray video has been arrested at gunpoint
- 3 How the language you speak changes your view of the world
- 4 Tory activist asked to step down after Labour candidate Rupa Huq is 'manhandled' while questioning Boris Johnson on the campaign trail
- 5 Uploading pictures to find out how old you are gives Microsoft the right to post them wherever they want
iJobs Food & Drink
£24800 - £29000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: As one of London's leading Muse...
£14000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£28 - 45k (DOE): Guru Careers: An Accountant is needed to take control of the ...
£18000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This hotel in Chadderton is a p...