Scallops with chorizo and hedgerow garlic
Saturday 13 November 2010
1tbsp olive oil
120-150g cooking chorizo
12 scallops, cleaned, attached to the cupped half shell
A handful of hedgerow garlic, chopped (or you can use garlic chives)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Remove the skin from the chorizo and chop finely. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan and cook the chorizo on a low heat for 4-5 minutes, breaking it up as it's cooking so it has the texture of coarse mince.
Heat some of the butter in a frying pan, season the scallops and cook them scallop-side down in the shells for about a minute. Arrange the scallops on warmed serving plates.
Meanwhile, add the hedgerow garlic to the chorizo and heat for 30 seconds, then spoon on to the scallops and serve.
Life & Style blogs
Alexander McQueen at auction: What makes a really great piece of fashion?
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
No female ejaculation, please, we’re British: a history of porn and censorship
Stressed nurses are 'forced to choose between health of patients and their own'
Pornhub: Kim Kardashian's sex tape is the most-watched porn video of all-time
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more
iJobs Food & Drink
£240 - £275 per day: Investigo: Support the global business through in-depth a...
Negotiable: Ashdown Group: Data Manager - MySQL, Shell Scripts, Java, VB Scrip...
£27000 - £32000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Application Support Analyst - near S...
£23000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This successful group of compan...