Scallops with chorizo and hedgerow garlic
Saturday 13 November 2010
1tbsp olive oil
120-150g cooking chorizo
12 scallops, cleaned, attached to the cupped half shell
A handful of hedgerow garlic, chopped (or you can use garlic chives)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Remove the skin from the chorizo and chop finely. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan and cook the chorizo on a low heat for 4-5 minutes, breaking it up as it's cooking so it has the texture of coarse mince.
Heat some of the butter in a frying pan, season the scallops and cook them scallop-side down in the shells for about a minute. Arrange the scallops on warmed serving plates.
Meanwhile, add the hedgerow garlic to the chorizo and heat for 30 seconds, then spoon on to the scallops and serve.
Life & Style blogs
Melanoma rates in the UK are up five times on the 1970s
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
How dementia is changing me: My battle with an ever-shifting identity
The 10 Best kitchen knives
It’s a pizza! And a cake!! What’s not to like? (The calories)
- 1 Easter egg hunt horror as mother finds dead body under deck of house
- 2 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 3 Unbeliebable: The White House offer 'no comment' to anti-Justin Bieber petition
- 4 Loch Ness Monster found on Apple Maps?
- 5 Shropshire criminals ‘using unmanned drones and infrared cameras to find illegal cannabis farms’ – and then steal from the growers
iJobs Food & Drink
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: There are many small development projects in ...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Kaya Responsible Travel offer a variety of sp...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Volunteer with Kaya in Borneo and work on a p...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: If you have a passion for elephants and want ...