Scallops with chorizo and hedgerow garlic
Saturday 13 November 2010
1tbsp olive oil
120-150g cooking chorizo
12 scallops, cleaned, attached to the cupped half shell
A handful of hedgerow garlic, chopped (or you can use garlic chives)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Remove the skin from the chorizo and chop finely. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan and cook the chorizo on a low heat for 4-5 minutes, breaking it up as it's cooking so it has the texture of coarse mince.
Heat some of the butter in a frying pan, season the scallops and cook them scallop-side down in the shells for about a minute. Arrange the scallops on warmed serving plates.
Meanwhile, add the hedgerow garlic to the chorizo and heat for 30 seconds, then spoon on to the scallops and serve.
Life & Style blogs
Miley Cyrus' VMA outfits spark copying controversy
Huawei Mate S and Huawei Watch: new products take on iPhone 6 Plus and Apple Watch
What marriage would look like if we actually followed the Bible
Overly-controlling parents cause their children lifelong psychological damage, says study
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
- 1 More than 11,000 Icelanders offer to house Syrian refugees to help European crisis
- 2 President Obama comments on Humans of New York photo from Iran
- 3 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 4 The Chinese city where men have 'three girlfriends because there are so many women'
- 5 German police forced to ask public to stop bringing donations for refugees arriving by train
iJobs Food & Drink
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: The role is likely to be 4on 4 off, days and ...
£25000 - £28000 per annum + 24 days holiday, bonus, etc.: Ashdown Group: Print...
£20000 - £26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: With offices in London, Manches...
£30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Customer and Brand Manager required for ...