Scallops with radicchio, shallots and grated egg
Sunday 16 March 2008
1 head of radicchio or trevisse lettuce
Sea salt and ground black pepper
3tbsp red-wine vinegar
60ml/21/2fl oz mild olive oil
20ml/1fl oz olive oil
Place a pan of water on to boil. Place the eggs in the pan and boil until hard. This should take about eight minutes. Break up the lettuce, discarding the outer layer; wash and gently pat dry. Peel the eggs and grate on the finest side of your grater.
Now peel and chop the shallots finely. Place them in a bowl, season with salt and pepper, and pour over the vinegar. Stir to combine and then pour in the olive oil. Stir again and set aside while you cook the scallops.
Place a non-stick pan on the stove over a high heat. Pour in the oil and season the scallops lightly with salt and pepper. When the pan is hot, add the scallops and cook on one side without turning for one minute, then turn and cook for 40 seconds, and remove.
To serve, arrange the salad leaves on a plate, place the scallops on top, spoon over the shallot dressing and finish with the grated egg. Serve immediately.
Life & Style blogs
Who is Teresa Fidalgo? Debunking the fake ghost story that's got Instagram spooked
Astrological signs are almost all wrong, as movement of moon and sun throws out zodiac
The distress of some Zayn Malik fans is real, and they need support, say experts
The food fad that's starving Bolivia
Gay marriage, one year on: Couples mark first anniversary of same-sex marriages
- 1 East 17 bandmember Brian Harvey in 'very desperate situation’
- 2 Vladimir Putin says Russia will fight for the right of Palestinians to their own state
- 3 WrestleMania 31 results: Seth Rollins stuns WWE as he cashes in Money in the Bank contract to claim title from Brock Lesnar
- 4 Ohio Democrat Teresa Fedor speaks out during abortion debate to reveal she has been raped – and is interrupted by laughter from Republicans
- 5 Germanwings plane crash: I have depression. That doesn't make me a psychopath
iJobs Food & Drink
£24,000 pa, plus benefits: SFL Group: Looking for a hard-working and self-moti...
£16000 - £17000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This rapidly expanding travel c...
£24000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Do you have a strong record of ...
£24000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: You will have demonstrable unde...