Scrambled egg and smoked salmon crumpets
This is perfect for a quick brunch treat. You can either chop the salmon and fold it into the egg or use slices as I have done.
4 free-range eggs, beaten
A good knob of butter
1tbsp double cream
1tbsp chopped chives
Salt and freshly ground white pepper
4 or so slices of smoked salmon
Toast the crumpets on both sides. Put the beaten egg, butter and cream in a saucepan, season and cook over a low to medium heat, stirring while they are cooking.
When the eggs are almost done, remove from the heat, stir in the chives and transfer to a warm dish so they don't continue cooking.
To serve, arrange the salmon on the crumpets and spoon the scrambled eggs over; serve immediately.
Life & Style blogs
Well, it seemed like a good idea at the time: 10 worst gadgets of recent times
The secret to a great sex life revealed: Two cups of coffee a day
New Zealand 'the best country to work as a prostitute', says sex worker advocacy group
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
Facebook status updates indicates whether a user is narcissistic or neurotic, research finds
- 1 Games of Thrones actor Lena Headey makes emotional promise to her unborn daughter
- 2 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
- 3 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
- 4 Female Muay Thai champion hustles coaches to give them a beating
- 5 16-year-old girl beaten and burned alive by lynch mob in Rio Bravo, Guatemala
iJobs Food & Drink
£24K + Excellent Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking an Events Coordinator ...
Salary 42,000: Royal Yachting Association Cymru Wales: The CEO is responsible ...
£35-40k (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Marketing Communicati...
£40000 - £50000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A growing business that has been ope...