Scrambled egg and smoked salmon crumpets
This is perfect for a quick brunch treat. You can either chop the salmon and fold it into the egg or use slices as I have done.
4 free-range eggs, beaten
A good knob of butter
1tbsp double cream
1tbsp chopped chives
Salt and freshly ground white pepper
4 or so slices of smoked salmon
Toast the crumpets on both sides. Put the beaten egg, butter and cream in a saucepan, season and cook over a low to medium heat, stirring while they are cooking.
When the eggs are almost done, remove from the heat, stir in the chives and transfer to a warm dish so they don't continue cooking.
To serve, arrange the salmon on the crumpets and spoon the scrambled eggs over; serve immediately.
Life & Style blogs
iPhone 6s Plus photos: leaks show Force Touch display, subtly altered size
iPhone 6s and 6s Plus battery capacity will be weaker than predecessors, Apple leaks suggest
Pansexual: What is it - and when did the term gain popularity?
Amazon Prime Video launches offline viewing, feature Netflix has said is 'never going to happen'
How to discover who your best friends are on WhatsApp - using a tool within the application
- 1 Three-year-old ultra-Orthodox Jewish children told 'the non-Jews' are 'evil' in worksheet produced by London school
- 2 Moscow voted the world's unfriendliest city
- 3 The excuses your boss is most likely to believe when you call in sick
- 4 I'm pansexual – here are the five biggest misconceptions about my sexuality
- 5 More than 11,000 Icelanders offer to house Syrian refugees to help European crisis
iJobs Food & Drink
£25000 - £28000 per annum + 24 days holiday, bonus, etc.: Ashdown Group: Print...
£20000 - £26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: With offices in London, Manches...
£30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Customer and Brand Manager required for ...
£25000 - £35000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: Systems Administrator A...