Scrambled eggs with bottarga
Bottarga is the highly-prized dried roe from the grey mullet and I keep a stick or two of bottarga in my fridge for a quick pasta or scrambled-egg snack. You can buy it from most good Italian delis in its whole form or ready-grated in jars. You can serve this on toast if you wish; it makes a great breakfast dish.
4 Burford Brown eggs, beaten
2tbsp double cream
Salt and freshly ground white pepper
About a tablespoon of grated bottarga
Melt the butter in a non-stick saucepan, add the eggs and cream, season and stir on a medium heat for a few minutes until they are lightly scrambled, then spoon immediately on to warmed serving plates so the eggs don't over-cook; grate the bottarga over.
Life & Style blogs
Planes go hybrid-electric in important step to greener flight
Victoria Beckham's clothing sales double to £30 million in one year
'Tis the season!: Google celebrates Christmas Eve with second animated Doodle
Christmas 2014: Jesus was not born in a stable, says theologian
UK's first plus-size fashion magazine Slink hits the shelves: 'Style doesn't stop at size 8'
- 1 Planes go hybrid-electric in important step to greener flight
- 2 Christmas comes early to Hong Kong, as millions of bank notes spill out onto busy street
- 3 Antonio Martin shooting: Police and protesters clash over teenager's death just five miles from Ferguson, Missouri
- 4 Northern Lights above Britain: Stunning Aurora Borealis illuminates Northumberland sky on Christmas Eve
- 5 British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
iJobs Food & Drink
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...
£240 - £275 per day: Investigo: Support the global business through in-depth a...
Negotiable: Ashdown Group: Data Manager - MySQL, Shell Scripts, Java, VB Scrip...
£27000 - £32000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Application Support Analyst - near S...