Scrambled eggs with bottarga
Bottarga is the highly-prized dried roe from the grey mullet and I keep a stick or two of bottarga in my fridge for a quick pasta or scrambled-egg snack. You can buy it from most good Italian delis in its whole form or ready-grated in jars. You can serve this on toast if you wish; it makes a great breakfast dish.
4 Burford Brown eggs, beaten
2tbsp double cream
Salt and freshly ground white pepper
About a tablespoon of grated bottarga
Melt the butter in a non-stick saucepan, add the eggs and cream, season and stir on a medium heat for a few minutes until they are lightly scrambled, then spoon immediately on to warmed serving plates so the eggs don't over-cook; grate the bottarga over.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Gun instructor accidentally shot dead by nine-year-old girl with Uzi gun
- 2 Miley Cyrus' homeless MTV VMAs date, Jesse Helt, is wanted by the police
- 3 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 4 Pamela Anderson rejects ice bucket challenge because of ALS experiments on animals: 'Mice had holes drilled into their skulls'
- 5 Homer Simpson has taken the ALS ice bucket challenge because of course he has
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
£30 - 35k + Uncapped Comission (£70k Y1 OTE): Guru Careers: A Business Develop...
£18k + Uncapped Commission (£60k Y1 OTE): Guru Careers: A Graduate Sales Exe...
£25 - 60k (DOE): Guru Careers: A Web Developer / Software Developer is needed ...
£6000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: Oracle 11...