Sea trout on toast with pea tendrils
Saturday 01 May 2010
Sea trout is a delicious fish, and to my mind it's even tastier than salmon. As well as being a great election night snack, this also makes a great dinner party starter.
200-250g sea trout fillet, skinned and pin-boned
1tbsp olive oil
4-6tbsp homemade or good-quality mayonnaise
2tbsp chopped chives
4 x 1cm-thick slices of bread from a bloomer-type loaf
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
A handful of pea shoots or tendrils
Preheat the oven to 220C/gas mark 7. Season the sea trout fillets and brush with a little olive oil. Place on a tray and bake in the oven for about 10 minutes or until just cooked, then remove and leave to cool.
Once the sea trout is cool, flake the meat into a bowl and fold in the mayonnaise and chives and season to taste. Toast the bread and spoon the sea trout on top and scatter over a few pea shoots.
Life & Style blogs
Why it matters 26 million people have changed their Facebook profile picture to a rainbow flag
Optical illusion turns blue demon into brunette
The age of inactivity: How laziness is killing us
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
iPhone 7: Force Touch phones are being prepared for launch, say reports
- 1 Tunisia hotel attack: Locals form 'human shield' to protect hotel from gunman Seifeddine Rezgui
- 2 Iain Duncan Smith's expenses credit card is suspended after he runs up £1,000 debt to taxpayer
- 3 German ethics council calls for incest between siblings to be legalised by Government
- 4 French woman dies in freak bungee jumping accident
- 5 Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck to divorce and end their 10-year marriage
iJobs Food & Drink
£33000 - £38000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A global player and world leade...
£18000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: If you are friendly, sociable, ...
£22300 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This museum group is looking for a Payro...
£39,000: ICE ICT: Specific and detailed knowledge and experience of travel sys...