Shirataki noodles with cucumber and ponzu
These are delicious, translucent noodles made from the ground root of the yam. They have no bad carbs and are great for those who have problems with blood sugar and cholesterol.
You can even use these to create a dessert – perhaps tossed in a ginger-flavoured fruit syrup or mixed with passion-fruit pulp.
One-third of a cucumber
150g drained weight of shirataki noodles
2tbsp dark ponzu vinegar
2 spring onions, finely sliced
A couple of good pinches of Japanese chilli flakes
Cut the cucumber into 5cm lengths, then thinly slice around the seeds and cut the slices into matchstick-like shreds. Cook the noodles in boiling, salted water for 2-3 minutes and drain; toss the cucumber in a bowl with the noodles, while they are still warm, with the ponzu and spring onion. Season and serve in a bowl scattered with the Japanese chilli flakes.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Keira Knightley topless: Usually conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
- 2 Oil tanker with $100 million cargo goes missing off Texas coast
- 3 George Galloway left with severe bruising after attack in Notting Hill by man 'shouting about the Holocaust'
- 4 Lady al-Qa’ida: On the trail of Dr Aafia Siddiqui, the world’s most wanted prisoner
- 5 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
£30 - 35k + Uncapped Comission (£70k Y1 OTE): Guru Careers: A Business Develop...
£18k + Uncapped Commission (£60k Y1 OTE): Guru Careers: A Graduate Sales Exe...
£25 - 60k (DOE): Guru Careers: A Web Developer / Software Developer is needed ...
£6000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: Oracle 11...