Slow-cooked tamarind beef top rib
Peter Hannan, our beef and pork supplier in Northern Ireland, sent us these lovely cuts of beef from just above the ribs. Ask your butcher for a boneless piece of meat cut above the forerib. It has a great ratio of fat that just melts away when slow cooked.
A piece of top forerib weighing about 1.5kg or more
2tbsp grain mustard
250ml pomegranate molasses or honey
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
4-5 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
60-80g root ginger, scraped and grated
Preheat the oven to 160C/gas mark 3. Line a roasting tray with a couple of layers of tin foil to avoid the cooking mixture burning on the tray.
Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl, rub into the beef, place on the foil and cook in the oven for about 3 hours, basting and turning every half hour and adding a little water if the liquid is drying out. It should be tender by now, if not, return to the oven until it is. Leave to cool a little and serve thickly sliced.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Scientists create transparent mouse complete with see-through organs
- 2 Pope Francis issues top 10 tips for happiness
- 3 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 4 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
- 5 Amazonian Indian tribe filmed making contact with Brazil village in rare video footage
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Working with an exciting ...
£23,000: Sauce Recruitment: A global leader in sports and entertainment is now...
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Pension, Healthcare : Deerfoot IT Resources Limite...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...