Slow-cooked tamarind beef top rib
Peter Hannan, our beef and pork supplier in Northern Ireland, sent us these lovely cuts of beef from just above the ribs. Ask your butcher for a boneless piece of meat cut above the forerib. It has a great ratio of fat that just melts away when slow cooked.
A piece of top forerib weighing about 1.5kg or more
2tbsp grain mustard
250ml pomegranate molasses or honey
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
4-5 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
60-80g root ginger, scraped and grated
Preheat the oven to 160C/gas mark 3. Line a roasting tray with a couple of layers of tin foil to avoid the cooking mixture burning on the tray.
Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl, rub into the beef, place on the foil and cook in the oven for about 3 hours, basting and turning every half hour and adding a little water if the liquid is drying out. It should be tender by now, if not, return to the oven until it is. Leave to cool a little and serve thickly sliced.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Woman falls to her death as she celebrates marriage proposal at the edge of Ibiza cliff
- 2 Venezuela Expo Tattoo 2015: Extreme body art from 'Vampire Woman' to 109mm earlobes
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Dad attempts revenge on teenage daughter, plan backfires spectacularly
- 5 Ball pool for adults opens in London
iJobs Food & Drink
£30000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a great opportunity for...
£21000 - £22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Located on the stunning Sandban...
£26 - 35k (DOE): Guru Careers: An Email Marketing Specialist is needed to join...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity to join a is a...