Smoked mackerel and horseradish on toast
Serves about 10
Saturday 27 December 2008
Good smoked mackerel can be a delicious little snack; I'm talking on the bone here, not vacuum-packed fillets. Just lift the fillets from each side and pull out any bones that run down the centre.
One or two smoked mackerel on the bone
1tbsp horseradish sauce
A couple of slices of good-quality white bread about cm thick
Cut the mackerel fillets into finger-sized pieces, then cut the bread just slightly larger than the mackerel pieces and toast on both sides.
Spread with the horseradish and place the mackerel on top. You can lay a small salad leaf under the fish if you wish.
Life & Style blogs
Why you should never make assumptions about people with autism
People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
Sugary drinks are killing 184,000 adults around the world every year, says study
Optical illusion turns blue demon into brunette
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
- 1 BBC told new political editor must be 'impartial' with Nick Robinson reportedly stepping down
- 2 Number of young homeless people in Britain is 'more than three times the official figures'
- 3 The map showing the most dangerous tourist destinations in Europe, according to the Foreign Office
- 4 The biggest first date turnoff has been revealed
- 5 German man found living with 300 rats in tiny apartment
iJobs Food & Drink
£15000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: To support their continued grow...
£33000 - £38000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A global player and world leade...
£18000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: If you are friendly, sociable, ...
£22300 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This museum group is looking for a Payro...