Smoked mackerel and horseradish on toast
Serves about 10
Saturday 27 December 2008
Good smoked mackerel can be a delicious little snack; I'm talking on the bone here, not vacuum-packed fillets. Just lift the fillets from each side and pull out any bones that run down the centre.
One or two smoked mackerel on the bone
1tbsp horseradish sauce
A couple of slices of good-quality white bread about cm thick
Cut the mackerel fillets into finger-sized pieces, then cut the bread just slightly larger than the mackerel pieces and toast on both sides.
Spread with the horseradish and place the mackerel on top. You can lay a small salad leaf under the fish if you wish.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Apple has installed security backdoors on 600m iPhones and iPads, claims security researcher
- 2 Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Pro-Russian rebel 'admits to shooting down plane'
- 3 Louis van Gaal gets tough with Manchester United players, with Darren Fletcher and Luke Shaw berated in public and Phil Jones left looking bemused
- 4 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 5 Peaches Geldof inquest: Tragic final moments of socialite's life reveal she "lied" to husband about failed drugs tests
iJobs Food & Drink
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Pension, Healthcare : Deerfoot IT Resources Limite...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...
Unpaid voluntary role: Old Royal Naval College: To assist the Visitor Experien...
£45-£55k OTE £75k : Charter Selection: Major London International Fashion and ...