Smoked mackerel, cucumber and caper salad
Slightly cooked cucumber takes on a completely different flavour than when it is eaten raw. When it's prepared like this, it brings out the cucumber's sweetness and is delicious with smoked fish.
1 cucumber, cut in half lengthways with the seeds scooped out
3tbsp olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
The juice of 1 lemon
2tbsp capers, drained
The fillets from 2 medium smoked mackerel, boned and skinned
1tbsp chopped parsley
Cut the cucumbers into half-cm slices on the angle, heat a couple of tablespoons of the olive oil in a frying pan and cook the cucumbers for 3-4 minutes on a medium heat, without colouring, and seasoning as they are cooking until they begin to soften a little. Transfer to a bowl and leave to cool. Mix in the capers and lemon juice to taste and arrange on a serving dish. Break the mackerel into pieces on top, spoon over a little more oil and scatter over the parsley.
Board creates magnetic field to achieve lift
Follow the latest events from this Champions League fixture
Company reveals $542m investment in start-up building 'a rocket ship for the mind"
Singer says the track was 'force-fed down people's throats'
techThe original free dating app will remain the same, developers say
Life & Style blogs
iPhone 6 'catches on fire and burns man's leg after bending in his pocket'
The hoverboard is real, and it could give rise to hoverhouses
Drink alcohol and eat meat to improve male fertility - but cut down on coffee, studies suggest
Are you ready for Crazy Doritos, the red-hot snack food craze sweeping Mexico’s streets?
The inventor of the Facebook 'like' button says he never made a 'dislike' button because he feared the 'unfortunate consequences'
- 1 Jack the Ripper: Scientist who claims to have identified notorious killer has 'made serious DNA error'
- 2 Banksy arrest hoax: Internet duped by fake online report claiming artist's identity has been revealed
- 3 Former East 17 frontman Brian Harvey turns up at Downing Street and 'demands to speak to Prime Minister'
- 4 The inventor of the Facebook 'like' button says he never made a 'dislike' button because he feared the 'unfortunate consequences'
- 5 Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
iJobs Food & Drink
£30 - 50k (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a SCRUM Master to joi...
£13,520: Recruitment Genius: As this role can be customer facing at times, the...
£50000 - £60000 per annum: Sauce Recruitment: A successful entertainment, even...
£25000 - £30000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: A fantastic opportunity h...