Smoked mackerel, cucumber and caper salad
Slightly cooked cucumber takes on a completely different flavour than when it is eaten raw. When it's prepared like this, it brings out the cucumber's sweetness and is delicious with smoked fish.
1 cucumber, cut in half lengthways with the seeds scooped out
3tbsp olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
The juice of 1 lemon
2tbsp capers, drained
The fillets from 2 medium smoked mackerel, boned and skinned
1tbsp chopped parsley
Cut the cucumbers into half-cm slices on the angle, heat a couple of tablespoons of the olive oil in a frying pan and cook the cucumbers for 3-4 minutes on a medium heat, without colouring, and seasoning as they are cooking until they begin to soften a little. Transfer to a bowl and leave to cool. Mix in the capers and lemon juice to taste and arrange on a serving dish. Break the mackerel into pieces on top, spoon over a little more oil and scatter over the parsley.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Sabina Altynbekova, the girl branded 'too good looking' for volleyball, says social media obsession with her is a 'bit much'
- 2 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 3 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 4 'Women should not laugh in public,' says Turkey's Deputy Prime Minister in morality speech
- 5 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
£23,000: Sauce Recruitment: A global leader in sports and entertainment is now...
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Pension, Healthcare : Deerfoot IT Resources Limite...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...
Unpaid voluntary role: Old Royal Naval College: To assist the Visitor Experien...