Smoked mackerel pâté
This is a dead simple recipe and it can be rustled up in no time. Try to avoid buying those peppered vacuum-packed mackerel fillets; if you can get hold of whole smoked fish or good quality fillets then you can use the bones for the broth on the previous page.
200-250g smoked mackerel fillet with all of the skin and bones removed
About 200g crème fraîche
Salt and cayenne pepper
Toast and lemon, to serve
Put the smoked mackerel into a food processor with half of the crème fraîche and a little salt and cayenne pepper and blend until smooth. Add more crème fraîche and seasoning to taste.
Refrigerate and serve with toast and lemon and some salad leaves if you wish.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Malaysian cyclist could face disciplinary action after 'Save Gaza' gloves protest
- 2 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 3 Fifty Shades of Grey trailer provokes moral outrage from US parenting groups
- 4 McDonald’s removes chicken nuggets from the menu in Hong Kong amid major food scare
- 5 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
iJobs Food & Drink
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Pension, Healthcare : Deerfoot IT Resources Limite...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...
Unpaid voluntary role: Old Royal Naval College: To assist the Visitor Experien...
£45-£55k OTE £75k : Charter Selection: Major London International Fashion and ...