Smoked mackerel pâté
This is a dead simple recipe and it can be rustled up in no time. Try to avoid buying those peppered vacuum-packed mackerel fillets; if you can get hold of whole smoked fish or good quality fillets then you can use the bones for the broth on the previous page.
200-250g smoked mackerel fillet with all of the skin and bones removed
About 200g crème fraîche
Salt and cayenne pepper
Toast and lemon, to serve
Put the smoked mackerel into a food processor with half of the crème fraîche and a little salt and cayenne pepper and blend until smooth. Add more crème fraîche and seasoning to taste.
Refrigerate and serve with toast and lemon and some salad leaves if you wish.
Life & Style blogs
Versace haute couture review: Beautiful evening dresses are some of the loveliest Donatella has ever created
What supermodels really think about posing in the nude
People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
Minecraft: Story Mode trailer revealed with cast of stars
The biggest first date turnoff has been revealed
- 1 Autistic teenager beaten up by bullies makes them watch 20-minute video about autism
- 2 Greece debt crisis explained: A history of just how the country landed itself in such a mess
- 3 People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
- 4 Greek debt crisis: Yanis Varoufakis's funniest (and most memorable) quotes
- 5 Swedish minister gives strongest case yet on why EU should stop turning away asylum seekers
iJobs Food & Drink
£15000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: To support their continued grow...
£33000 - £38000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A global player and world leade...
£18000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: If you are friendly, sociable, ...
£22300 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This museum group is looking for a Payro...