Smoked salmon and scrambled egg crumpets
Saturday 28 June 2008
Crumpets are great with eggs, scrambled, fried or poached. I've used my home-smoked salmon here and sliced it thicker than normal; why are we obsessed with slicing smoked salmon so thin that you can see through it?
4 good-quality crumpets
A couple of good knobs of butter
8 eggs, lightly beaten
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1-2tbsp double cream
8-12 slices of smoked salmon
Toast the crumpets and keep warm. Melt the butter in a thick-bottomed saucepan, then add the eggs and double cream, season and cook on a low heat until lightly cooked. Arrange the salmon on serving plates with the crumpets and spoon the eggs on to the crumpets.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Rules on 5p plastic bags likely to lead to arguments at the check-out
- 2 Hulk Hogan wants to be Donald Trump's running mate in the US Presidential election
- 3 Blood Moon and Supermoon: September to bring brightest – and dimmest – full Moon of the year on same night
- 4 News agency criticised for describing Amal Clooney as 'actor's wife' in coverage of human rights trial
- 5 David De Gea to Real Madrid: Real finally get their man with £29m bid for Manchester United goalkeeper
iJobs Food & Drink
£26000 - £29000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Product Development departm...
£23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Visitor Fundraising Team is responsi...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join ...
£30000 - £34000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Estates Team of this group ...