Smoked salmon and scrambled egg crumpets
Saturday 28 June 2008
Crumpets are great with eggs, scrambled, fried or poached. I've used my home-smoked salmon here and sliced it thicker than normal; why are we obsessed with slicing smoked salmon so thin that you can see through it?
4 good-quality crumpets
A couple of good knobs of butter
8 eggs, lightly beaten
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1-2tbsp double cream
8-12 slices of smoked salmon
Toast the crumpets and keep warm. Melt the butter in a thick-bottomed saucepan, then add the eggs and double cream, season and cook on a low heat until lightly cooked. Arrange the salmon on serving plates with the crumpets and spoon the eggs on to the crumpets.
Life & Style blogs
Replica cars: The 'new classics' roaring back into the lead
What is ALS and the Ice Bucket Challenge?
iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus: which is the best?
Jennifer Lawrence nude pictures leaked: Reddit removes 'The Fappening' board dedicated to sharing naked pictures of celebrities
Headaches, fry ups, and hair of the dog - why do we get hangovers, and is there such thing as a 'cure'?
- 1 Lego breaks out of the toy box and heads for the gallery
- 2 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 3 Piers Morgan attempts to save the Union by promising to go back to the US if Scotland votes 'No' to independence
- 4 Tyler, The Creator says having new U2 album automatically downloaded on his iPhone was 'like waking up with herpes'
- 5 Grandmas keep accidentally tagging themselves as Grandmaster Flash on Facebook
iJobs Food & Drink
Basic of £18,000 + commission, realistic OTE of £30-£50k : Ocean Holidays: Le...
£20 - 26k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Marketing Executive / Member Services Ex...
£15,000 - £25,000: Recruitment Genius: A fantastic opportunity has arisen for ...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...