Smoked salmon and scrambled egg crumpets
Saturday 28 June 2008
Crumpets are great with eggs, scrambled, fried or poached. I've used my home-smoked salmon here and sliced it thicker than normal; why are we obsessed with slicing smoked salmon so thin that you can see through it?
4 good-quality crumpets
A couple of good knobs of butter
8 eggs, lightly beaten
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1-2tbsp double cream
8-12 slices of smoked salmon
Toast the crumpets and keep warm. Melt the butter in a thick-bottomed saucepan, then add the eggs and double cream, season and cook on a low heat until lightly cooked. Arrange the salmon on serving plates with the crumpets and spoon the eggs on to the crumpets.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 BBC told new political editor must be 'impartial' with Nick Robinson reportedly stepping down
- 2 Number of young homeless people in Britain is 'more than three times the official figures'
- 3 Humans of New York image of crying gay teen receives best response yet from Ellen DeGeneres
- 4 The map showing the most dangerous tourist destinations in Europe, according to the Foreign Office
- 5 Swedish minister gives strongest case yet on why EU should stop turning away asylum seekers
iJobs Food & Drink
£15000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: To support their continued grow...
£33000 - £38000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A global player and world leade...
£18000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: If you are friendly, sociable, ...
£22300 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This museum group is looking for a Payro...