Smoked salmon and scrambled egg crumpets
Saturday 28 June 2008
Crumpets are great with eggs, scrambled, fried or poached. I've used my home-smoked salmon here and sliced it thicker than normal; why are we obsessed with slicing smoked salmon so thin that you can see through it?
4 good-quality crumpets
A couple of good knobs of butter
8 eggs, lightly beaten
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1-2tbsp double cream
8-12 slices of smoked salmon
Toast the crumpets and keep warm. Melt the butter in a thick-bottomed saucepan, then add the eggs and double cream, season and cook on a low heat until lightly cooked. Arrange the salmon on serving plates with the crumpets and spoon the eggs on to the crumpets.
Life & Style blogs
How Stephen Hawking is still alive, defying ALS and the worst expectations
More than two thirds of smokers are killed by diseases caused by tobacco use, says study
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
The best Oscar dresses of all time
The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 1 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face death penalty
- 2 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 3 Robert Mugabe eats a zoo for 'obscene' 91st birthday party
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 The jihadi girls who went to Syria weren't just radicalised by Isis — they were groomed
iJobs Food & Drink
£40000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A reputable organisation within the leisure i...
£25000 - £33000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Sales Partner is required to ...
£12500 - £36000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This established Knaresborough ...
£23,000: Beverley James: Do you have a background in hospitality and are you l...