Smoked salmon pâté
Makes about 20 portions
Saturday 26 December 2009
If you've over-bought on the salmon and you are wondering what to do with the bits and bobs, then try this simple dish that you can just put on the table and let people help themselves to. You can buy smoked salmon trimmings for exactly this sort of thing. You can also use a mixture of smoked fish such as mackerel or trout.
500g smoked salmon trimmings
500g crème fraîche
Salt and cayenne pepper
Lemon juice to taste
Blend the salmon trimmings in a food processor with a little water until you have a coarse purée. Add the crème fraîche and blend briefly until well mixed or mix by hand. Season to taste with salt, cayenne and lemon juice if necessary, cover and store in the fridge until required.
Serve with hot toast.
Life & Style blogs
Who is Teresa Fidalgo? Debunking the fake ghost story that's got Instagram spooked
Men in tights: getting to the bottom of the latest trend
City traders pay £200 for a quick hangover cure
The enemy within: People who hear voices in their heads are being encouraged to talk back
Eight-year-old girl Camilla Lisant suggests possible cancer treatment to her scientist father over the dinner table
- 1 Stephen Fry explains what he would say if he was 'confronted by God'
- 2 Venezuela Expo Tattoo 2015: Extreme body art from 'Vampire Woman' to 109mm earlobes
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Ball pool for adults opens in London
- 5 Canadian woman suing police who locked her in van with sex offender who then raped her
iJobs Food & Drink
£30000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a great opportunity for...
£21000 - £22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Located on the stunning Sandban...
£26 - 35k (DOE): Guru Careers: An Email Marketing Specialist is needed to join...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity to join a is a...