Smoked salmon pâté
Makes about 20 portions
Saturday 26 December 2009
If you've over-bought on the salmon and you are wondering what to do with the bits and bobs, then try this simple dish that you can just put on the table and let people help themselves to. You can buy smoked salmon trimmings for exactly this sort of thing. You can also use a mixture of smoked fish such as mackerel or trout.
500g smoked salmon trimmings
500g crème fraîche
Salt and cayenne pepper
Lemon juice to taste
Blend the salmon trimmings in a food processor with a little water until you have a coarse purée. Add the crème fraîche and blend briefly until well mixed or mix by hand. Season to taste with salt, cayenne and lemon juice if necessary, cover and store in the fridge until required.
Serve with hot toast.
Life & Style blogs
Teenagers irritable because early school hours mess with their biological clocks
The Fappening: After the third wave of leaked celebrity photos, why can't we stop it?
Londoners agree to give up first-born child in exchange for free internet
The truth about student sex workers: it's far from Belle Du Jour
Average Briton spends £50,000 on alcohol over course of lifetime
- 1 Reyhaneh Jabbari: Iran due to execute woman for murder of her alleged attempted rapist
- 2 Expert urges cat lovers to own just one animal each
- 3 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
- 4 The Simpsons death: Creator Al Jean would 'kill himself' before character like Homer or Lisa
- 5 British man raped while urinating in bushes at Oktoberfest beer festival in Germany
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
28,000 to 32,000 per annum: Accountancy Action: Our client, a hospitality busi...
18,000 to 20,000 per annum: Accountancy Action: Our fantastic leisure client i...
£20 - 24k: Guru Careers: A Marketing Analyst / Marketing Executive is needed t...
£18000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: ***EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY FO...