Smoked salmon tartare with avocado
Serves 10 as canapés
I've recently starting using both plain and spiced mini papadoms for canapé bases; they're perfect in terms of their size and texture.
20 plain mini papadoms
120g smoked salmon or trimmings of smoked salmon, finely chopped
tbsp crème fraîche
Half a very ripe avocado
Juice of half a lemon
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Dill, for garnishing
Mash up the avocado and add a little lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste. Mix the salmon with enough crème fraîche to bind it.
To serve, place roughly half a teaspoon of the avocado in the centre of each papadom and then spoon the salmon over the top.
Scatter over the sprigs of dill.
Life & Style blogs
Watching TV after work makes you feel 'guilty and like a failure'
Zebra meat: Exotic and lean - but does it taste good?
Alien: Isolation preview - If you scream in space, it makes a sound
Xiaomi Mi4: 'Chinese Apple' launches flagship mobile to challenge iPhone
How to make your own gourmet ice lollies, granitas, slushy cocktails and frozen yoghurt
- 1 Malaysian cyclist could face disciplinary action after 'Save Gaza' gloves protest
- 2 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 3 McDonald’s removes chicken nuggets from the menu in Hong Kong amid major food scare
- 4 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
- 5 Satellite full of sexually experimental geckos adrift in space, Russia loses control of mission
iJobs Food & Drink
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Pension, Healthcare : Deerfoot IT Resources Limite...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...
Unpaid voluntary role: Old Royal Naval College: To assist the Visitor Experien...
£45-£55k OTE £75k : Charter Selection: Major London International Fashion and ...