Smoked salmon tartare with avocado
Serves 10 as canapés
I've recently starting using both plain and spiced mini papadoms for canapé bases; they're perfect in terms of their size and texture.
20 plain mini papadoms
120g smoked salmon or trimmings of smoked salmon, finely chopped
tbsp crème fraîche
Half a very ripe avocado
Juice of half a lemon
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Dill, for garnishing
Mash up the avocado and add a little lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste. Mix the salmon with enough crème fraîche to bind it.
To serve, place roughly half a teaspoon of the avocado in the centre of each papadom and then spoon the salmon over the top.
Scatter over the sprigs of dill.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 VMAs 2015: Was Nicki Minaj and Miley Cyrus' awkward acceptance put-down real or staged?
- 2 If you're not already angry about the migrant crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
- 3 Rules on 5p plastic bags likely to lead to arguments at the check-out
- 4 Chaos breaks out in courtroom as father attacks killer of three-year-old daughter
- 5 I like Corbyn, but let's face it: we don't need another white man at the head of a political party
iJobs Food & Drink
£26000 - £29000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Product Development departm...
£23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Visitor Fundraising Team is responsi...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join ...
£30000 - £34000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Estates Team of this group ...