Smoked salmon with horseradish butter on toast
Saturday 19 September 2009
This can be served as a canapé-type snack with drinks or you can choose to make a more substantial snack or starter. I, of course, use my own smoked salmon which you can buy in Selfridges food hall (selfridges.com). I cut my salmon thicker than the usual thinly sliced smoked salmon – that way you taste both the smoke and the fish itself.
8 or 12 finger-sized slices of sourdough bread
A tablespoon of softened butter
tbsp horseradish sauce
8 or 12 slices of smoked salmon
Toast the bread on both sides; meanwhile, mix the butter and horseradish together and spread generously on the toast. Lay the salmon on the toast and serve immediately.
Life & Style blogs
How old is your heart? US research finds three out of four people have hearts five years older than their actual age
iPhone 6s Plus photos: leaks show Force Touch display, subtly altered size
Huawei Mate S and Huawei Watch: new products take on iPhone 6 Plus and Apple Watch
How to discover who your best friends are on WhatsApp - using a tool within the application
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
- 1 Huawei Mate S and Huawei Watch: new products take on iPhone 6 Plus and Apple Watch
- 2 More than 11,000 Icelanders offer to house Syrian refugees to help European crisis
- 3 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 4 Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
- 5 Make your voice heard: Sign The Independent's petition to welcome refugees
iJobs Food & Drink
£25000 - £28000 per annum + 24 days holiday, bonus, etc.: Ashdown Group: Print...
£20000 - £26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: With offices in London, Manches...
£30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Customer and Brand Manager required for ...
£25000 - £35000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: Systems Administrator A...