Smoked salmon with horseradish butter on toast
Saturday 19 September 2009
This can be served as a canapé-type snack with drinks or you can choose to make a more substantial snack or starter. I, of course, use my own smoked salmon which you can buy in Selfridges food hall (selfridges.com). I cut my salmon thicker than the usual thinly sliced smoked salmon – that way you taste both the smoke and the fish itself.
8 or 12 finger-sized slices of sourdough bread
A tablespoon of softened butter
tbsp horseradish sauce
8 or 12 slices of smoked salmon
Toast the bread on both sides; meanwhile, mix the butter and horseradish together and spread generously on the toast. Lay the salmon on the toast and serve immediately.
Life & Style blogs
Best three-ingredient recipes: From Nutella brownies to mac and cheese and pulled pork
Scientists have discovered a new taste that could profoundly change the way we eat
Topshop pulls 'ridiculously skinny' mannequins after being shamed by customer on Facebook
Windows 10: Is it worth downloading new PC operating system?
The lesser known erogenous zones - and how to find them
- 1 Dentist who illegally killed Cecil the lion blames local guides for the scandal
- 2 Kate Winslet thanked 'particularly horrible' girl who bullied her at school after Titanic success
- 3 Norwich paedophile ring: Woman at centre of gang who made children 'sexual play things' guilty of 23 offences
- 4 Black and ethnic minority people twice as likely to be hit by Tory cuts than white people, report finds
- 5 Walter Palmer: American dentist revealed as the killer of Cecil the lion in Zimbabwe
iJobs Food & Drink
£17600 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This museum cares for one of the largest...
£12500 - £24500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Drivers wanted for a family run...
£40000 - £45000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A successful leisure company is seek...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: The positions above are available either part ...