Smoked salmon with horseradish butter on toast
Saturday 19 September 2009
This can be served as a canapé-type snack with drinks or you can choose to make a more substantial snack or starter. I, of course, use my own smoked salmon which you can buy in Selfridges food hall (selfridges.com). I cut my salmon thicker than the usual thinly sliced smoked salmon – that way you taste both the smoke and the fish itself.
8 or 12 finger-sized slices of sourdough bread
A tablespoon of softened butter
tbsp horseradish sauce
8 or 12 slices of smoked salmon
Toast the bread on both sides; meanwhile, mix the butter and horseradish together and spread generously on the toast. Lay the salmon on the toast and serve immediately.
Life & Style blogs
Dating site hack reveals sexual secrets of 4 million users
Anorexic actress Rachael Farrokh told by hospitals she is too skinny to treat
Meditation is touted as a cure for mental instability but can it actually be bad for you?
New Zealand 'the best country to work as a prostitute', says sex worker advocacy group
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
- 1 As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
- 2 The ten most unequal developed countries in the world
- 3 Saudi Arabia 'seeking to head United Nations Human Rights Council'
- 4 New Zealand 'the best country to work as a prostitute', says sex worker advocacy group
- 5 Irish people are travelling home from all over the world so they can vote to legalise gay marriage
iJobs Food & Drink
£24K + Excellent Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking an Events Coordinator ...
Salary 42,000: Royal Yachting Association Cymru Wales: The CEO is responsible ...
£35-40k (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Marketing Communicati...
£40000 - £50000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A growing business that has been ope...