Sunday 16 August 2009
When I lived in Paris, almost the first thing I learnt to do was cook eggs. Although boiling an egg so it's perfectly soft sounds easy, somehow it isn't.
Timing is essential – and like all good things, practice is important. I like to eat two boiled eggs at a time, as one is never quite enough.
2 very fresh, organic free-range eggs
Boil a small pan of water over a medium heat with just the smallest pinch of salt.
Now carefully lay the eggs in the water using a spoon – they will crack easily if they drop to the bottom and the white will ooze out. Cook for 3 minutes.
Remove from the water and let rest for a minute or two before eating. For eggs that are between soft- and hard-boiled, cook for a minute longer.
Grill a slice of bread, remove the crusts, spread with lashings of butter and cut into soldiers.
Life & Style blogs
How psychopaths hide in plain sight – a psychological analysis of serial killer Dennis Rader
Majority of UK women don't bathe or take a shower daily
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
How I rescued my brain: Psychologist David Roland rewired his thoughts following a stroke
Brit Awards 2015: Red carpet round up, from Paloma Faith to Ed Sheeran
- 1 Liam Gallagher brands Kanye West 'utter s**t' during BRIT Awards performance
- 2 Isis burns thousands of books and rare manuscripts from Mosul's libraries
- 3 People who sleep more than eight hours are more likely to have a stroke, research shows
- 4 Kanye West climbs on table at Nando's to crowd chants of 'Yeezus' before Brit Awards 2015 performance of 'All Day'
- 5 Muslim women's rights campaigner writes heartfelt letter to girls thinking of joining Isis
iJobs Food & Drink
£26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The post holder is a key member of the V...
£18000 - £28800 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Vehicle Breakdown Recovery Driv...
£15000 - £19200 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Processing Partner is require...
£34000 - £37000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This specialist travel agent ba...