Spiced celeriac with lemon
Sunday 23 November 2008
Celeriac is often drenched in cream and butter, but here the delicate spices give it a Middle Eastern flavour. This goes well with chicken, lamb-leg steaks or fish – especially if using North African spices.
1 large or 2 small celeriac
3tbsp olive oil
A pinch of smoked paprika
A pinch of cayenne pepper
A pinch of ground cinnamon
Grated zest of one lemon
Juice of 1 lemons
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Peel the celeriac, cut into slices 5mm-1cm thick, then cut the slices into long, thin sticks.
Heat the oil in a large pan, add the celeriac sticks and fry for about 15 minutes, until slightly browned.
At this point sprinkle with the spices, lemon zest and juice and 100ml water.
Simmer for about 10 minutes, until the celeriac is just tender.
Season to taste, adding more lemon juice if necessary.
Life & Style blogs
Well, it seemed like a good idea at the time: 10 worst gadgets of recent times
The secret to a great sex life revealed: Two cups of coffee a day
New Zealand 'the best country to work as a prostitute', says sex worker advocacy group
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
Facebook status updates indicates whether a user is narcissistic or neurotic, research finds
- 1 Games of Thrones actor Lena Headey makes emotional promise to her unborn daughter
- 2 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
- 3 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
- 4 Female Muay Thai champion hustles coaches to give them a beating
- 5 Picture of couple posing with beached dolphin 'that later died' causes outrage
iJobs Food & Drink
£24K + Excellent Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking an Events Coordinator ...
Salary 42,000: Royal Yachting Association Cymru Wales: The CEO is responsible ...
£35-40k (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Marketing Communicati...
£40000 - £50000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A growing business that has been ope...