Spiced celeriac with lemon
Sunday 23 November 2008
Celeriac is often drenched in cream and butter, but here the delicate spices give it a Middle Eastern flavour. This goes well with chicken, lamb-leg steaks or fish – especially if using North African spices.
1 large or 2 small celeriac
3tbsp olive oil
A pinch of smoked paprika
A pinch of cayenne pepper
A pinch of ground cinnamon
Grated zest of one lemon
Juice of 1 lemons
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Peel the celeriac, cut into slices 5mm-1cm thick, then cut the slices into long, thin sticks.
Heat the oil in a large pan, add the celeriac sticks and fry for about 15 minutes, until slightly browned.
At this point sprinkle with the spices, lemon zest and juice and 100ml water.
Simmer for about 10 minutes, until the celeriac is just tender.
Season to taste, adding more lemon juice if necessary.
Life & Style blogs
Surgeon backs 'good death' plans - and reveals his own
NHS hit by stealth cuts of £2bn as tariffs received for medical procedures are reduced
How to survive a social-media mauling, by the tough women of Twitter
Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
The confessions of men who ordered mail-order brides
- 1 I've been called an abusive and dangerous parent, when all I did was listen to my transgender child
- 2 Why this father didn’t hide his daughter’s heroin overdose in her obituary
- 3 Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
- 4 Teaching profession headed for crisis as numbers continue to drop and working lives become 'unbearable'
- 5 The most powerful passports in the world
iJobs Food & Drink
£35 - 45k: Guru Careers: An MI Developer is needed to join the leading provide...
£20000 - £22500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This leisure organisation manag...
£25000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Delivering an inspiring, engagi...
£17500 - £20500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They are looking for a great te...