Spiced pear and chestnut-crumble muffins
Sunday 07 December 2008
A bog-standard muffin is chocolate, blueberry, blackberry; this is a bit different. It's called a muffin but is more of a cake – something to have with a cup of tea in the afternoon. (You will need some muffin moulds.)
3 medium free-range eggs
125g/4oz natural yogurt
75g/3oz butter, melted
2 comice pears, peeled and finely chopped
50g/2oz cooked chestnuts, finely chopped
250g/8oz plain flour
2 heaped tsp baking powder
125g/4oz caster sugar
125ml/4fl oz milk
2 tsp mixed spice
For the crumble
75g/3oz rolled oats
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp demerara sugar
50g/2oz unsalted butter, melted
Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas4. Mix the eggs, yoghurt, milk and melted butter together with the chopped pear. Mix the chestnuts, flour, mixed spice, baking powder and sugar together.
Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Grease some muffin moulds and fill with mix. For the crumble, combine all of the ingredients and mix well.
Sprinkle the crumble on top of each muffin using your hands. Bake for 15-20 minutes until pale-golden.
Life & Style blogs
Revenge porn: What is it – and how big is the problem?
Teenagers irritable because early school hours mess with their biological clocks
The Fappening: After the third wave of leaked celebrity photos, why can't we stop it?
iOS 8: how to free up memory on your iPhone or iPad to install the update
The truth about student sex workers: it's far from Belle Du Jour
- 1 Five-year-old Iris Grace is raising awareness of autism through her extraordinary paintings
- 2 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
- 3 The Simpsons death: Creator Al Jean would 'kill himself' before character like Homer or Lisa
- 4 British man raped while urinating in bushes at Oktoberfest beer festival in Germany
- 5 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
28,000 to 32,000 per annum: Accountancy Action: Our client, a hospitality busi...
18,000 to 20,000 per annum: Accountancy Action: Our fantastic leisure client i...
£20 - 24k: Guru Careers: A Marketing Analyst / Marketing Executive is needed t...
£18000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: ***EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY FO...