Spinach, avocado and gorgonzola salad
Baby spinach leaves make a great, healthy and easy salad. Make sure you buy ripe avocados for this, too, as shops often sell avocados that are rock-hard.
150-200g baby spinach leaves, washed and dried
1-2 ripe avocados, peeled, stoned, and sliced
150g gorgonzola, broken into small nuggets, plus more for the dressing below
For the dressing
30ml white wine vinegar
2tsp Dijon mustard
120ml vegetable or ground nut oil
First make the dressing. Blend all of the ingredients in a liquidiser and season with salt and pepper and adjust the consistency with a little water if necessary.
To serve, toss the spinach leaves and avocado with the dressing and season if necessary. Transfer to a serving bowl or individual plates or bowls and scatter the cheese on top.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Heavy metal producer's corpse to be mutilated by models as per his dying wish
- 2 Man who held up 'hire me' sign at Waterloo station returns a year later with 'I'm hiring' sign
- 3 Nineteen-year-old student left gifts for parents before taking her own life
- 4 Deliberately urinating before sex can increase risk of urinary tract infections
- 5 Winston Churchill: From accusations of anti-Semitism to the blunt refusal that led to the deaths of millions
iJobs Food & Drink
Unpaid voluntary work: Old Royal Naval College: Join our team of friendly volu...
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This airport parking organisation are looking...
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: Do you enjoy bus driving and are looking for ...
£18000 - £20000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: IT Support Technician - Y...