Spinach, avocado and gorgonzola salad
Baby spinach leaves make a great, healthy and easy salad. Make sure you buy ripe avocados for this, too, as shops often sell avocados that are rock-hard.
150-200g baby spinach leaves, washed and dried
1-2 ripe avocados, peeled, stoned, and sliced
150g gorgonzola, broken into small nuggets, plus more for the dressing below
For the dressing
30ml white wine vinegar
2tsp Dijon mustard
120ml vegetable or ground nut oil
First make the dressing. Blend all of the ingredients in a liquidiser and season with salt and pepper and adjust the consistency with a little water if necessary.
To serve, toss the spinach leaves and avocado with the dressing and season if necessary. Transfer to a serving bowl or individual plates or bowls and scatter the cheese on top.
Life & Style blogs
Kanye West's Yeezy Boost trainers: All you need to know ahead of the UK launch
How Stephen Hawking is still alive, defying ALS and the worst expectations
The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
Brit Awards 2015: Red carpet round up, from Paloma Faith to Ed Sheeran
- 1 The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
- 2 Husband and wife die holding hands within hours of each other after 67 years of marriage
- 3 What color is The Dress, white and gold or blue and black? An eyewitness gives a definitive answer
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 Fearne Cotton quits Radio 1 after ten years for 'family and new adventures'
iJobs Food & Drink
£12500 - £36000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This established Knaresborough ...
£23,000: Beverley James: Do you have a background in hospitality and are you l...
£26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The post holder is a key member of the V...
£18000 - £28800 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Vehicle Breakdown Recovery Driv...