Spinach, blue cheese and bacon salad
200g baby spinach leaves, washed, dried
60-70g blue cheese, broken into chunks
150-200g piece of smoked streaky bacon
Vegetable oil for frying
For the dressing
1tbsp cider vinegar
1tsp Tewkesbury mustard
20g blue cheese
2tbsp cold-pressed rapeseed oil
2tbsp vegetable or corn oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Put the bacon in a saucepan, cover with cold water, bring to the boil and simmer for 30 minutes, remove from the pan; leave to cool.
Remove the rind and cut into -1cm cubes. Heat some vegetable oil in a frying pan and cook the bacon for 3-4 minutes on a medium heat, turning until crisp. Remove from the pan; transfer to kitchen paper.
To make the dressing, put the vinegar, mustard, blue cheese and oils in a blender and season to taste.
Toss the spinach leaves in some of the dressing; arrange in a bowl, reserving the rest of the dressing to pour on as extra.
Scatter the chunks of blue cheese and bacon over the salad and serve.
Life & Style blogs
iPhone 5C could be killed next year, and Apple’s cheap and cheerful line might die with it
Girl, 7, gets Tesco to remove 'stupid' sign suggesting superheroes are 'for boys'
Coke milk? Coca-Cola to launch premium milk brand called Fairlife
Black Friday: Best fashion deals -online and on the high-street
UK's first plus-size fashion magazine Slink hits the shelves: 'Style doesn't stop at size 8'
- 1 Exodus Gods and Kings: Ridley Scott never considered casting 'Mohammad so-and-so from such-and-such' in lead role
- 2 This letter from a reader explains why women can’t play football
- 3 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school
- 4 Scientists predict green energy revolution after incredible new graphene discoveries
- 5 Michael Buerk wishes he'd killed Jimmy Savile when he had the chance - by pushing him overboard a cruise ship
iJobs Food & Drink
£40000 - £60000 per annum + £100,000 OTE: h2 Recruit Ltd: Birmingham, Derby, L...
£55000 - £65000 per annum: Investigo: My client, a global leader in their fiel...
£45000 - £52000 per annum + bonus+bens : Investigo: My client, a global leader...
£40000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits : Investigo: One of the fastest growing g...