Spring goat's cheese and rhododendron honey
Sunday 18 April 2010
Goat's cheese is never better than at this time of year. Soft, chalky, crumbly, delicate and slightly lemony in flavour, it should be eaten alone rather than as part of a cheese board.
Honey is the perfect accompaniment; choose one that is light in flavour, perhaps with a slightly crystally texture.
This very simple plate bridges the gap between cheese and dessert. Don't serve with bread or biscuits, as it simply doesn't need it.
The cheese I have used here is a lovely creamy white rindless cheese known as St Tola from County Clare in Ireland, but taste a few and see which ones you like.
600g/21oz goat's cheese
8 tsp of light fragrant honey (such as rhododendron honey)
4 broad bean pods (optional)
Arrange the cheese on each plate and drizzle two teaspoons of honey over just before serving.
When they come into season in June, you could scatter each plate with the contents of one pod of broad beans.
Life & Style blogs
Penis size study: what's 'normal' anyway?
Drugs Live cannabis trial: Hash is less harmful than any other drug, expert claims
What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
Penis size: is there a correlation with sexual satisfaction? A scientific look
Majority of UK women don't bathe or take a shower daily
- 1 Drugs Live cannabis trial: Hash is less harmful than any other drug, expert claims
- 2 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
- 3 The 'sex selfie stick' lets you FaceTime the inside of a vagina
- 4 Adam Levine's biggest fan had a panic attack upon meeting him, so the singer laid down on the floor to get a photo with him
- 5 Why you're almost certainly more like your father than your mother
iJobs Food & Drink
£17000 - £23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Due to the consistent growth of...
£18000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An opportunity exists for an ex...
£20000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An opportunity exists for an ou...
£18000 - £26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...