Sprouting broccoli salad with raisins and pine nuts
We have had a great year for sprouting broccoli – it must be due to our erratic weather, which makes it keep flowering.
500g sprouting broccoli, trimmed
30-40g pine nuts, lightly toasted
30-40g raisins, soaked in hot water for a couple of hours
For the dressing
4-5tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Cook the broccoli in boiling, salted water for 4-5 minutes until tender, then drain. Whisk the oil and balsamico together and season. Arrange the broccoli on a serving dish, scatter over the raisins and pine nuts, season and spoon the dressing over.
Life & Style blogs
Twitter not working: Social network says problem with tweets not showing is fixed
Who is Teresa Fidalgo? Debunking the fake ghost story that's got Instagram spooked
Facebook attacked over dead relative photos in 'Year in Review' slides
Grim second life of the 'breastaurant': The oft-loathed sector is booming in the States thanks to Hooters, Twin Peaks and Tilted Kilt
Anti-smoking adverts accused of 'scaremongering'
- 1 President of Argentina adopts Jewish godson to 'stop him turning into a werewolf'
- 2 Doctors remove 80 teeth from boy's jaw
- 3 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public set to see exhibits from police’s grisly crime museum
- 4 Stoke-on-Trent becomes first British city to be classified as 'disaster resilient' by the United Nations
- 5 Sir Winston Churchill’s family begged him not to convert to Islam, letter reveals
iJobs Food & Drink
£16000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...
£240 - £275 per day: Investigo: Support the global business through in-depth a...
Negotiable: Ashdown Group: Data Manager - MySQL, Shell Scripts, Java, VB Scrip...