Square sausage sandwich
Saturday 30 October 2010
You don't really see square sausages down South, but I cannot understand why we don't sell them – they're great for breakfast as you can slide your egg on to a slice of sausage or stack up your bacon and mushrooms on top. My preferred way is in a sandwich as it fits exactly in a small square-ish loaf shape; or you can alternatively flatten it to fit the bread.
If you're wondering where on earth you're going to find square sausages, the best thing to do is to make your own; simply buy some good-quality sausage meat and mould them with a fish slice or palette knife.
8 slices of a square good-quality loaf
500g good-quality sausagemeat
A little vegetable or corn oil for frying
Mould the sausagemeat into flat squares that are just a bit larger than your slices of bread.
Heat the oil in a heavy frying pan and cook the sausagemeat on a fairly high heat for about 2-3 minutes on each side.
Serve between buttered bread or non-buttered slices of bread.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Australia to impose 24-hour curfew on all cats to protect endangered species
- 2 The difference between a psychopath and a sociopath
- 3 Black and ethnic minority people twice as likely to be hit by Tory cuts than white people, report finds
- 4 Walter Palmer: Cecil the lion killer revealed to be American dentist
- 5 What TripAdvisor users think of 16 of the world's most popular landmarks
iJobs Food & Drink
COMPETITIVE: Guru Careers: A Product Manager / Product Owner is required to jo...
£25k plus Benefits: Guru Careers: A Carpenter and Maintenance Operator is need...
£17600 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This museum cares for one of the largest...
£12500 - £24500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Drivers wanted for a family run...