Squid with olives and tomatoes
Squid freezes really well and it's a great idea to buy fresh squid, then cut it into 2cm pieces and freeze it on a tray, then keep it in a zip-lock freezer bag. You can then cook it from frozen, or pop it into a bowl of water for 10 minutes or so and dry it on some kitchen paper before cooking. There are some really good semi-dried cherry tomatoes and olives around at the moment from Belazu and Sacla which come preserved in olive oil and which are perfect for snacks like this.
70-80g squid, cut into rough 2cm chunks
8-10 semi-dried tomatoes in oil (if you can't find them then cherry tomatoes will do instead)
10-12 green or black stoned olives
1tbsp olive oil plus the oil from the semi-dried tomatoes
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Season the squid, heat a little olive oil in a frying pan and cook it on a high heat for about 2-3 minutes.
Transfer the squid to a bowl with the tomatoes and olives and toss together with some of the oil from the tomatoes.
Serve with some crusty bread or salad leaves.
Life & Style blogs
GTA 5 Online DLC: San Andreas Flight School update brings 16-seater jet plane and more
What is ALS and the Ice Bucket Challenge?
David Beckham fronts the campaign for his underwear autumn/winter collection, which hit stores today
London restaurant 34 creates champagne glass modelled on Kate Moss’ left breast
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
- 1 Jeremy Clarkson 'does not see a problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
- 2 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 3 London restaurant 34 creates champagne glass modelled on Kate Moss’ left breast
- 4 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 5 James Foley beheading: Fox news presenter Megyn Kelly annoyed by Ferguson update during broadcast about murdered journalist
iJobs Food & Drink
£6000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: Oracle 11...
£17K OTE £30K: Charter Selection: Highly successful and innovative specialist...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Working with an exciting ...
£23,000: Sauce Recruitment: A global leader in sports and entertainment is now...