Squid with peas and sage
Sunday 08 May 2011
I like this combination of peas and squid – it is fresh, summery and light.
800g/1 lb of the freshest squid
250g/8oz fresh peas
40g/11/2oz unsalted butter
3 sprigs of sage, leaves only, chopped
1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
200ml/7fl oz dry white wine
Prepare the squid as per the first recipe, then cook the peas in well-salted water till just tender.
Place a heavy-based pan on a medium heat on the stove; when warm, add the butter and melt until just foaming.
Once the butter has melted, add the peas, sage and garlic, stir once or twice, turn up the heat and add the wine.
Cook for 2-3 minutes to reduce slightly.
While the wine is reducing, cook the squid as per the previous recipes (see related links).
Once cooked, add to the peas, stir well to combine then serve while really warm.
Life & Style blogs
The mother who never gave up on her child abused by the Oxford child sex ring
Britain scrapes into top 25 countries in the world to be a mother in Save the Children report
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
The 12 most sexually satisfied countries in the world revealed
Uploading pictures to find out how old you are gives Microsoft the right to post them wherever they want
- 1 Technology company Alibaba posts job advert asking for 'stunning' women with qualities of adult film actress Sora Aoi
- 2 How the language you speak changes your view of the world
- 3 'Fire at every person you see': Israeli soldiers reveal they were ordered to shoot to kill in Gaza – even if the targets may have been civilians
- 4 Italian police 'reveal' what Jesus looked like as a young boy
- 5 Uploading pictures to find out how old you are gives Microsoft the right to post them wherever they want
iJobs Food & Drink
£27K: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Pastry Sous Chef / Experienced Pastry Che...
£40000 - £50000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A growing business that has been ope...
£24800 - £29000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: As one of London's leading Muse...
£14000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...