Squid with peas and sage
Sunday 08 May 2011
I like this combination of peas and squid – it is fresh, summery and light.
800g/1 lb of the freshest squid
250g/8oz fresh peas
40g/11/2oz unsalted butter
3 sprigs of sage, leaves only, chopped
1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
200ml/7fl oz dry white wine
Prepare the squid as per the first recipe, then cook the peas in well-salted water till just tender.
Place a heavy-based pan on a medium heat on the stove; when warm, add the butter and melt until just foaming.
Once the butter has melted, add the peas, sage and garlic, stir once or twice, turn up the heat and add the wine.
Cook for 2-3 minutes to reduce slightly.
While the wine is reducing, cook the squid as per the previous recipes (see related links).
Once cooked, add to the peas, stir well to combine then serve while really warm.
Life & Style blogs
China accused of launching four-day cyber attack on US coding website GitHub
Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
Robert Parker interview: The world's top wine critic on tasting 10,000 bottles a year, absurd drinking notes and New World wannabes
The ‘anti-ball crushing’ trousers are so popular they've sold out online
American Apparel gets another ad banned by advertising watchdog for sexualising children
- 1 Germanwings crash: Captain of doomed plane was only 'on board because he changed job to spend more time with his children'
- 2 Ohio Democrat Teresa Fedor speaks out during abortion debate to reveal she has been raped – and is interrupted by laughter from Republicans
- 3 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
- 4 Germanwings crash: 'Andreas Lubitz planned to marry pregnant girlfriend', claims German report
- 5 Germanwings plane crash: Transcript reveals passengers 'screamed for over five minutes' before plane crashed into mountain
iJobs Food & Drink
£24,000 pa, plus benefits: SFL Group: Looking for a hard-working and self-moti...
£16000 - £17000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This rapidly expanding travel c...
£24000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Do you have a strong record of ...
£24000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: You will have demonstrable unde...