Squid with peas and sage
Sunday 08 May 2011
I like this combination of peas and squid – it is fresh, summery and light.
800g/1 lb of the freshest squid
250g/8oz fresh peas
40g/11/2oz unsalted butter
3 sprigs of sage, leaves only, chopped
1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
200ml/7fl oz dry white wine
Prepare the squid as per the first recipe, then cook the peas in well-salted water till just tender.
Place a heavy-based pan on a medium heat on the stove; when warm, add the butter and melt until just foaming.
Once the butter has melted, add the peas, sage and garlic, stir once or twice, turn up the heat and add the wine.
Cook for 2-3 minutes to reduce slightly.
While the wine is reducing, cook the squid as per the previous recipes (see related links).
Once cooked, add to the peas, stir well to combine then serve while really warm.
Life & Style blogs
Snapchat removed the Best Friends list feature and 'stalkers' are upset
Virtual reality thrusts viewers into the frontline of global events - and puts film-goers at the heart of the action
Fifty years of David Bowie's hairstyles in one animated gif
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
Eculizumab: 'The £10m-per-patient NHS drug gave me my life back’
- 1 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 2 Michelle Obama highlights harsh restrictions faced by Saudi women after meeting King Salman without wearing a headscarf
- 3 Amal Clooney gives excellent response to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
- 4 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 5 Isis publicly behead man in Syrian town square for 'insulting Allah' as he screams for help
iJobs Food & Drink
£21000 - £22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Located on the stunning Sandban...
£26 - 35k (DOE): Guru Careers: An Email Marketing Specialist is needed to join...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity to join a is a...
Unpaid voluntary work: Old Royal Naval College: Join our team of friendly volu...