Squid with peas and sage
Sunday 08 May 2011
I like this combination of peas and squid – it is fresh, summery and light.
800g/1 lb of the freshest squid
250g/8oz fresh peas
40g/11/2oz unsalted butter
3 sprigs of sage, leaves only, chopped
1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
200ml/7fl oz dry white wine
Prepare the squid as per the first recipe, then cook the peas in well-salted water till just tender.
Place a heavy-based pan on a medium heat on the stove; when warm, add the butter and melt until just foaming.
Once the butter has melted, add the peas, sage and garlic, stir once or twice, turn up the heat and add the wine.
Cook for 2-3 minutes to reduce slightly.
While the wine is reducing, cook the squid as per the previous recipes (see related links).
Once cooked, add to the peas, stir well to combine then serve while really warm.
Life & Style blogs
'Cheeky' Nando's under fire for apparently coming onto a customer on Twitter
MIT robots can now clear hurdles as they run
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
iPhone 'effective power' text: how to be safe from iOS bug that lets people crash your phone
Reproduction: how much do you remember from your biology GCSE?
- 1 Saudi Arabia mosque bombing: Two volunteer security guards hailed as heroes for stopping Isis suicide bomber reaching worshippers
- 2 Maisie Williams has an excellent message for one confused fan
- 3 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
- 4 Tampon tax scrapped in Canada after petition convinces conservative government
- 5 Kate Moss on the naked Calvin Klein shoot and the obsession that ended her relationship
iJobs Food & Drink
£15000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...
£35-40k (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Marketing Communicati...
£23K: Guru Careers: We're seeking an experienced Membership Administrator, to ...
£32K: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Dining Room Head Chef to work for one of ...