Squid with peas and sage
Sunday 08 May 2011
I like this combination of peas and squid – it is fresh, summery and light.
800g/1 lb of the freshest squid
250g/8oz fresh peas
40g/11/2oz unsalted butter
3 sprigs of sage, leaves only, chopped
1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
200ml/7fl oz dry white wine
Prepare the squid as per the first recipe, then cook the peas in well-salted water till just tender.
Place a heavy-based pan on a medium heat on the stove; when warm, add the butter and melt until just foaming.
Once the butter has melted, add the peas, sage and garlic, stir once or twice, turn up the heat and add the wine.
Cook for 2-3 minutes to reduce slightly.
While the wine is reducing, cook the squid as per the previous recipes (see related links).
Once cooked, add to the peas, stir well to combine then serve while really warm.
Life & Style blogs
Versace haute couture review: Beautiful evening dresses are some of the loveliest Donatella has ever created
Why you should never make assumptions about people with autism
What supermodels really think about posing in the nude
People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
- 1 Humans of New York image of crying gay teen receives best response from Ellen DeGeneres
- 2 What supermodels really think about posing in the nude
- 3 People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
- 4 Black teen in critical condition after store employee 'shoots him for stealing 79-cent pack of cookies'
- 5 Chris Moyles reportedly set to make radio comeback with new breakfast show on XFM
iJobs Food & Drink
£15000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: To support their continued grow...
£33000 - £38000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A global player and world leade...
£18000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: If you are friendly, sociable, ...
£22300 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This museum group is looking for a Payro...