Steamed scallop with seashore vegetables
Try to buy medium-sized dived scallops for this dish. You should be able to get your fishmonger to clean them for you, then leave them attached to the half shell with the roe on.
As I've used samphire already, I suggest you use sea spinach or sea aster which can be now bought in decent supermarkets.
4 medium-sized scallops, shucked and left in the half shell
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
A handful of seashore vegetables like sea beet, sea aster, sea purslane, etc, washed
2 tbsp rapeseed oil
Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas mark 5. Place the scallops on a baking tray with about a cup's worth of water on the tray. Season the scallops and cover with foil. Place in the oven for about 8-10 minutes until just cooked.
Meanwhile, blanch the sea vegetables in boiling water for about 30 seconds then drain in a colander.
To serve, place the scallop shells on plates, arrange the sea vegetables on the scallops and spoon over a little rapeseed oil.
Life & Style blogs
Revenge porn: What is it – and how big is the problem?
Paris Fashion Week: Karl Lagerfeld leads a feminist riot on 'Boulevard Chanel'
Teenagers irritable because early school hours mess with their biological clocks
Windows 10: Microsoft bypasses 'Windows 9' to unveil new operating system
The Fappening: After the third wave of leaked celebrity photos, why can't we stop it?
- 1 Green village to be bulldozed and mined for lignite in Germany's quest for non-nuclear fuel
- 2 HeForShe campaign: Iceland to follow up Emma Watson speech with UN women's rights conference – for men only
- 3 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
- 4 Teenagers irritable because early school hours mess with their biological clocks
- 5 Now we know whose fault it is if you end up being murdered in Thailand
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
28,000 to 32,000 per annum: Accountancy Action: Our client, a hospitality busi...
18,000 to 20,000 per annum: Accountancy Action: Our fantastic leisure client i...
£20 - 24k: Guru Careers: A Marketing Analyst / Marketing Executive is needed t...
£18000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: ***EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY FO...