Steamed seafood with samphire
10-15 medium-sized whole raw prawns
400-500g cockles and/or clams
6 razor clams or langoustines
150-200g rock samphire
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
50ml white wine.
Put the clams or thoroughly washed cockles in a large pot with the mussels and prawns. Add the white wine and samphire, season and cook on a high heat with a lid on for 3-4 minutes, shaking the pan every so often, until the mussels and cockles are open. Serve immediately with some warm crusty bread, or cool and serve as a seafood salad.
Life & Style blogs
The Art of Swimming: The way many people swim might be doing them more harm than good, says a man bringing posture to the pool
The brothel buster: Meet the man who gets paid to have sex with prostitutes
New exhibition celebrates the evolution of swimwear
Woman, 21, dies after taking contraceptive pill that 'caused fatal blood clot'
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
- 1 Cyclist who knocked down three-year-old girl says his life has been 'destroyed'
- 2 Chelsea victory parade: Chelsea mocked on Twitter as 'tens of fans' pack the streets of London
- 3 US warned by Chinese media to stop meddling or 'war will be inevitable'
- 4 Woman, 21, dies after taking contraceptive pill that 'caused fatal blood clot'
- 5 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
iJobs Food & Drink
£24K + Excellent Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking an Events Coordinator ...
Salary 42,000: Royal Yachting Association Cymru Wales: The CEO is responsible ...
£35-40k (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Marketing Communicati...
£40000 - £50000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A growing business that has been ope...