Stir fried squid with green onions, ginger and mushrooms
There is something particularly satisfactory about stir frying, especially when you have great ingredients to toss into the wok.
Try to buy fresh Asian mushrooms as the dried ones tend not to work quite so well.
But if you only have dried, simmer in slightly salted water for 5 minutes, drain, and then use them like you would the fresh variety.
2tbsp un-toasted sesame oil
350-400g cleaned squid
10 spring onions, trimmed and cut into lozenges on the angle
40-50g root ginger, scraped and finely shredded
3 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
150g fresh Asian mushrooms like shiitake, king oyster, black fungus, shimeji etc
2-3tbsp chopped coriander
2-3tbsp light soy sauce
Cut the squid tube into rough 2-3cm squares and chop the tentacles in half, then dry on some kitchen paper.
Heat the sesame oil in a large wok or you could cook this in two batches. When the wok is almost smoking, add the squid, spring onion, ginger, garlic and mushrooms, season and cook on a high heat for 2-3 minutes, tossing the mixture throughout so it cooks and colours evenly.
Add the coriander and soy, give it a final stir and serve immediately with extra coriander on top.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Top Gear team of Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May officially heading to Amazon Prime for new car show
- 2 Stuart Baggs: Apprentice star 'The Brand' found dead aged 27
- 3 How to cancel Amazon Prime: after Top Gear hiring, how to leave premium service
- 4 Tesco scraps 'unexpected item in the bagging area' as self-checkouts switch to less 'frustrating' audio
- 5 Living in Spain and commuting to London 'cheaper than actually working in London'
iJobs Food & Drink
COMPETITIVE: Guru Careers: A Product Manager / Product Owner is required to jo...
£25k plus Benefits: Guru Careers: A Carpenter and Maintenance Operator is need...
£17600 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This museum cares for one of the largest...
£12500 - £24500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Drivers wanted for a family run...