Strawberries with balsamic vinegar
Sunday 22 August 2010
600g/11/4lb ripe strawberries
1 tbsp icing sugar
3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
Gently wash the strawberries under cool, running water. Pat dry using a clean dishcloth.
Take half the strawberries, hull and chop roughly.
Place in a bowl with the icing sugar and mash roughly using a fork.
Leaving the stalks on, slice the remaining, whole strawberries in half, then mix all the berries together.
Pour over the balsamic and stir well to combine.
Arrange in a bowl and serve a little vanilla ice-cream alongside if you like.
Life & Style blogs
Who is Teresa Fidalgo? Debunking the fake ghost story that's got Instagram spooked
Regin: Newly uncovered malicious software snooping since 2008 'was developed by a nation state'
The food fad that's starving Bolivia
Kim Kardashian recreates iconic Jean-Paul Goude naked 'Champagne Incident' photo
Henri de Toulouse Lautrec: Google celebrates 150th anniversary of French artist's birth
- 1 Universities aren't working us hard enough, say undergraduates
- 2 Lego letter from the 1970s still offers a powerful message to parents 40 years later
- 3 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 4 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 5 Grayson Perry: London needs affordable housing because 'rich people don't create culture'
iJobs Food & Drink
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: Excellent opportunities are available for par...
£60000 - £75000 per annum + Benefits : Investigo: A global leading travel busi...
£16000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This charming and contemporary ...
£15000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...