Strawberries with balsamic vinegar
Sunday 22 August 2010
600g/11/4lb ripe strawberries
1 tbsp icing sugar
3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
Gently wash the strawberries under cool, running water. Pat dry using a clean dishcloth.
Take half the strawberries, hull and chop roughly.
Place in a bowl with the icing sugar and mash roughly using a fork.
Leaving the stalks on, slice the remaining, whole strawberries in half, then mix all the berries together.
Pour over the balsamic and stir well to combine.
Arrange in a bowl and serve a little vanilla ice-cream alongside if you like.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Germanwings crash: Police make 'significant discovery' at home of co-pilot Andreas Lubitz
- 2 Germanwings captain Patrick Sondenheimer tried to break into locked cockpit door 'with an axe' as plane was descending
- 3 Zayn Malik already working on solo material, just days after quitting One Direction
- 4 The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
- 5 #FreeTheNipple: Women in Iceland bare breasts in solidarity with trolled student
iJobs Food & Drink
£24,000 pa, plus benefits: SFL Group: Looking for a hard-working and self-moti...
£16000 - £17000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This rapidly expanding travel c...
£24000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Do you have a strong record of ...
£24000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: You will have demonstrable unde...