Stuffed olives with orange, oregano and chilli
Makes 20 as a snack
This is an unusual and great way to serve olives as a snack. The orange segment really balances up the saltiness of the olive and helps with the slight kick of the chilli.
You will need to find the largest green olives you can get your hands on for this, which can come under different names and varieties.
20 very large green olives, stoned
1 orange, segmented, and any juice squeezed and reserved
A few leaves of oregano or marjoram
1 small or half a mild chilli, finely chopped
Make a slit through one side of the olive to allow the orange segment to be stuffed into it. Cut each orange segment in half and mix with the chilli and oregano and leave to marinade for an hour or so in the juice.
Next, carefully push a piece of orange into each olive with some oregano and chilli and leave them in the juice until required.
To serve, simply discard the juice – or better, use it for a salad dressing whisked together with some olive oil – and arrange on a plate.
Simon Calder looks at communities fighting back against the poachers
Arsenal 1 Everton 1: Substitute equalises with six minutes to go
booksGeese, gorillas, grandads... and growing up
food + drinkMichelin-starred Tom Sellers on being this year's hottest property
tvParents (and kids) rejoice! A new wave of fantastic family entertainment is here
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Hundreds arrested as Canadian police smash worldwide paedophile ring
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- 5 Japan cracks down on leaks after scandal of Fukushima nuclear power plant
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Data Management & ...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Kaya Responsible Travel offer a variety of sp...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Increases in tourism, the introduction of new...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Volunteer with Kaya in Borneo and work on a p...