The King's Jewels
Saturday 05 December 2009
200ml Beefeater gin
20ml King's Ginger Liqueur (from bbr.com)
The rind from 1 clementine, cut into strips
For the pineapple syrup
200ml sweet vermouth
The flesh of a small pineapple, chopped into small pieces
A couple of days in advance, place the pineapple in a non-reactive bowl and pour over the vermouth and cover with clingfilm. Strain through a fine-meshed sieve.
To serve, chill 4 martini glasses. Rub the clementine rind around the inside of the glasses and leave the strip of rind in.
Stir all of the ingredients over ice and strain into the martini glasses.
Life & Style blogs
When did the Eiffel Tower open to the public? Six things you didn't know about the iconic structure
Replica Back to the Future Hoverboard released
Gold Apple Watch buyers can skip queues
Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
The ‘anti-ball crushing’ trousers are so popular they've sold out online
- 1 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 2 Replica Back to the Future Hoverboard released
- 3 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
- 4 Dylan Moran on quitting smoking, being about as sexy as the Pope and why comedy panel programmes are 'c*ck shows'
- 5 Modern society encapsulated in five seconds
iJobs Food & Drink
£23,000: Beverley James: Do you have a background in hospitality and are you l...
£24,000 pa, plus benefits: SFL Group: Looking for a hard-working and self-moti...
£16000 - £17000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This rapidly expanding travel c...
£24000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Do you have a strong record of ...