The King's Jewels
Saturday 05 December 2009
200ml Beefeater gin
20ml King's Ginger Liqueur (from bbr.com)
The rind from 1 clementine, cut into strips
For the pineapple syrup
200ml sweet vermouth
The flesh of a small pineapple, chopped into small pieces
A couple of days in advance, place the pineapple in a non-reactive bowl and pour over the vermouth and cover with clingfilm. Strain through a fine-meshed sieve.
To serve, chill 4 martini glasses. Rub the clementine rind around the inside of the glasses and leave the strip of rind in.
Stir all of the ingredients over ice and strain into the martini glasses.
Life & Style blogs
Movie pirate given almost 3 years in prison for filming Fast & Furious 6 in back of cinema
What is ALS and the Ice Bucket Challenge?
Mother fed her daughter tapeworms to make her skinny for beauty pageant
Doctors tell Treasury of their anger at rejection of pay reviews
Exclusive: Tickets for Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show in London are not on ‘sale’
- 1 Mother fed her daughter tapeworms to make her skinny for beauty pageant
- 2 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 3 Crystal Palace next manager latest: Palace consider Ally McCoist - EXCLUSIVE
- 4 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 5 Tim Sherwood column: 'It started as a three-horse race but turned into the Grand National'
iJobs Food & Drink
£6000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: Oracle 11...
£17K OTE £30K: Charter Selection: Highly successful and innovative specialist...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Working with an exciting ...
£23,000: Sauce Recruitment: A global leader in sports and entertainment is now...