Toblerone French toast
Sunday 08 September 2013
This is for that lazy Sunday when you can’t quite bring yourself to go out to buy a pain au chocolat.
180ml/6fl oz milk
1 tbsp caster sugar
8 slices brioche loaf
25g/1oz unsalted butter
100g/3½oz Toblerone, chopped
Whisk together the eggs, milk and sugar in a flat dish. Dip two slices of brioche into the mix, turning them over until they are coated.
Melt the butter in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Put the soaked brioche slices in the frying pan and sprinkle each one with a quarter of the chopped chocolate. Soak another two slices of brioche in the egg mixture and put on top of the chocolate bread in the pan to make sandwiches. Press lightly with a spatula to seal the edges.
Cook for 2 to 3 minutes each side or until golden. Remove from the pan and serve immediately or keep warm while you make the other two French toasts.
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 4 Video: Students 'punched and dragged to the ground by their hair' as police break up demonstration
- 5 Cannabis can cause man boobs, US surgeon claims
iJobs Food & Drink
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Kaya Responsible Travel offer a variety of sp...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Increases in tourism, the introduction of new...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Volunteer with Kaya in Borneo and work on a p...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Data Management & ...