Tofu omelettes with tenderstem broccoli
Sunday 14 July 2013
We keep a packet or two of tofu in the fridge, so we can throw these together at a moment's notice. I like to think of this as my healthy version of fast food.
6 eggs, lightly beaten
1 garlic clove, crushed
2cm ginger, peeled and grated
8 spring onions, sliced
400g/13oz firm silken tofu, crumbled
Light-flavoured oil for frying
For the broccoli
1 tbsp light-flavoured oil
1 garlic clove, chopped
1 red chilli, chopped
400g/13oz tenderstem broccoli, trimmed
3 tbsp chicken stock or water
For the omelettes, mix the eggs, garlic, ginger and spring onions with some sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Fold through the tofu. Heat a little oil in a large, non-stick frying pan, ladle in tablespoons of the omelette mix, and cook for 2 minutes on each side. Keep warm.
For the broccoli, heat a wok or large frying pan over a high heat. Add the oil and use to stir-fry the garlic and chilli for 30 seconds. Add the broccoli and cook, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes.
Pour in the stock or water and stir-fry for another minute, or until just tender. Serve with the tofu omelettes and some Asian chilli sauce, if you like.
Life & Style blogs
Max power: Nine ways to make your everyday meals more flavourful
Amputee drummer gains 'superhuman' skills with robotic arm
Livr: A social network only for drunk people
Fenwicks department store withdraws Boy London clothing over 'Nazi' eagle logo complaints
International Women's Day 2014: Google creates celebratory video Doodle to mark the day
- 1 International Women's Day 2014: The shocking statistics that show why it is still so important
- 2 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 3 Orgasm machine to deliver climax at the push of a button
- 4 Too upsetting? Academy members voted for Oscar-winning 12 Years A Slave 'without watching it'
- 5 Liam Neeson turned down James Bond role because Natasha Richardson said she wouldn't marry him if he took it
iJobs Food & Drink
£12000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: A small but growing chain of boutique hot...
£12000 - £18000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: Our client is a high-end niche t...
£20000 - £40000 per annum + Award-Winning Benefits: Flight Centre Business Tra...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Increases in tourism, the introduction of new...