Tomato, onion and palm-hearts salad
Sunday 18 August 2013
I love the retro feel of this salad. Palm hearts remind me a little of tinned asparagus – in a good way… Slightly briny and meltingly soft, they can get quite addictive.
4 beefsteak tomatoes, sliced into rounds
1 red onion, thinly sliced
400g/13oz can palm hearts, drained and sliced
Small handful flat-leaf parsley leaves
Juice 1 lime
1 tsp Dijon mustard
4 tbsp olive oil
Place the tomatoes on a serving platter. Top with the onion and palm-heart slices. Scatter with the parsley.
Make a dressing by whisking the lime, Dijon and olive oil in a bowl. If it is too thick, add a little warm water.
Season, drizzle over the salad and serve.
Geoffrey Macnab reviews American Hustle, also starring Christian Bale and Bradley Cooper
news Opponents claim it would stop performers such as Beyonce and Madonna appearing on TV
Life & Style blogs
- 1 America's 'virgin births'? One in 200 mothers 'became pregnant without having sex'
- 2 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 3 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'
- 4 Iain Duncan Smith leaves Commons food banks debate early
- 5 Children evacuated from swimming pool after prosthetic leg mistaken for paedophile
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
£18000 - £27000 per annum + Award-Winning Benefits: Round The World Experts: D...
£18000 - £22000 per annum + Award-Winning Benefits: FCm Travel Solutions: FCm ...
£23000 - £27000 per annum + £18K base & uncapped commission & benefits: Flight...
Excellent Salary: Austen Lloyd: We would very much like to hear from applicant...