Tomato salad with lovage and goat's curd
Saturday 24 July 2010
You can use a mixture of tomatoes or a single type for this dish. Lovage is a delicious herb but can be somewhat overpowering, so do use it in moderation.
I've gone back to my childhood days here and I have used good old Sarson's malt vinegar like my grandmother used to dish up with my grandad's home-grown tomatoes.
About 500g ripe mixed tomatoes
A tablespoon or so of Sarson's malt vinegar
A couple of tablespoons of rapeseed or olive oil
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
A few leaves of lovage, washed
2-4tbsp goat's curd or fresh goat's cheese
Cut the tomatoes into a selection of wedges, chunks and slices and arrange on serving plates.
Season, drizzle with the vinegar and oil, tear the lovage leaves and scatter on top, then spoon the goat's curd into the centre or break up the goat's cheese and place on the tomatoes.
Life & Style blogs
Google Photos tags black people as 'gorillas', puts pictures in special folder
What is Lyme disease, what are the symptoms and is treatment readily available?
Optical illusion turns blue demon into brunette
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
iPhone 7: Force Touch phones are being prepared for launch, say reports
- 1 David Cameron refers to 83-year-old Labour MP Dennis Skinner as 'Jurassic Park'
- 2 Tunisia hotel attack: Locals form 'human shield' to protect hotel from gunman Seifeddine Rezgui
- 3 Optical illusion turns blue demon into brunette
- 4 German ethics council calls for incest between siblings to be legalised by Government
- 5 Saudi Prince Alwaleed bin Talal will donate entire $32bn fortune to charity
iJobs Food & Drink
£33000 - £38000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A global player and world leade...
£18000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: If you are friendly, sociable, ...
£22300 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This museum group is looking for a Payro...
£39,000: ICE ICT: Specific and detailed knowledge and experience of travel sys...