Torn pasta, green beans and pesto
Sunday 30 June 2013
Pesto is a guaranteed crowd-pleaser, but to keep the flavours fresh and exciting I like to leave it chunky and serve it with beans, dollops of ricotta and a little lemon. Delicious!
Large bunch basil, leaves picked
2 garlic cloves, crushed
50g/2oz toasted pinenuts
50g/2oz Parmesan, grated
200g/7oz green beans, trimmed and halved
350g/11½oz fresh pasta sheets, torn into 5cm/2in pieces
A squeeze of lemon juice
Put the basil, garlic and pinenuts into a food processor and pulse until you have a very rough pesto. Scrape into a bowl and add the Parmesan and enough oil to bring all of the ingredients together. Set aside.
Cook the green beans in a large pan of boiling salted water for 2 minutes, add the pasta and cook for a further 2 minutes. Drain and stir through the pesto. Divide between bowls and serve with a scoop of ricotta and a squeeze of lemon juice.
Life & Style blogs
Ice cream cones left on the freezer shelf as consumers choose tubs and luxury brands
Blood test that predicts Alzheimer's disease
Lego told off by 7-year-old girl for promoting gender stereotypes
Scientists find the origin of 'bad' fat linked to heart disease and cancer
Amputee drummer gains 'superhuman' skills with robotic arm
- 1 Oxford is the least affordable city in the UK, where houses cost 11 times local salaries
- 2 Australian man Rod Sommerville reacts to bite from deadly snake by reaching for cold beer
- 3 North Korea elections: Kim Jong-un wins 100% of the vote
- 4 David Cameron resorts to paying for Facebook fans because not enough people like him
- 5 Steve Irwin’s final words: Cameraman present at death opens up about deadly stingray attack for the first time
iJobs Food & Drink
£16000 - £27000 per annum + Benefits: Flight Centre Limited: We're looking for...
£18000 - £34000 per annum + Award-Winning Benefits: Flight Centre Group: Becom...
£18000 - £27000 per annum + Commission + Award-Winning Benefits): Flight Centr...
£18000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits: Flight Centre First and Business: This i...