I've used the same tart cases here as I did for the quails' egg tarts recipe on the previous page, as they are perfect for both sweet and savoury recipes.
110g golden syrup
30g dark treacle
110ml double cream
30g fresh white breadcrumbs
1 egg, beaten
½tbsp lemon juice
20 mini tart cases
Extra thick or clotted cream, to serve
Preheat the oven to 160C/gas mark 3. Meanwhile, make the filling by mixing the golden syrup, treacle, double cream, breadcrumbs and beaten egg together, and then stir in the lemon juice.
Fill the tart cases with the mixture and bake for 10-15 minutes; then leave to cool. Serve warm with some good extra-thick or clotted cream.
Life & Style blogs
Winter crisis in A&E: Hospitals declare 'black alerts' as admissions shatter records, but full stats still unpublished
Unpaid make-up artists reveal the ugly side of Miss World
Bill Granger recipes: Tenderstem broccoli omelette; Fried eggs with Mexican-style tomato and chilli sauce; Pan-fried cavolo nero with soft-boiled egg
Google launches 'Contributor' payment service for ad-free internet browsing
When is a wine made in Piedmont not a Piemonte wine? When EU rules make Italian vineyards invisible
- 1 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 2 Tower Bridge glass walkway 'smashed' by night-time visitor dropping bottle of beer
- 3 Anti-gay hate preacher accidentally tweets 4,000 followers cartoon clip of him 'confessing' to be a 'homosexual sodomite'
- 4 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 5 Grayson Perry: London needs affordable housing because 'rich people don't create culture'
iJobs Food & Drink
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: Excellent opportunities are available for par...
£60000 - £75000 per annum + Benefits : Investigo: A global leading travel busi...
£16000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This charming and contemporary ...
£15000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...