I've used the same tart cases here as I did for the quails' egg tarts recipe on the previous page, as they are perfect for both sweet and savoury recipes.
110g golden syrup
30g dark treacle
110ml double cream
30g fresh white breadcrumbs
1 egg, beaten
½tbsp lemon juice
20 mini tart cases
Extra thick or clotted cream, to serve
Preheat the oven to 160C/gas mark 3. Meanwhile, make the filling by mixing the golden syrup, treacle, double cream, breadcrumbs and beaten egg together, and then stir in the lemon juice.
Fill the tart cases with the mixture and bake for 10-15 minutes; then leave to cool. Serve warm with some good extra-thick or clotted cream.
Life & Style blogs
Men in crop tops seem to be trending thanks to Kid Cudi, the social media and the catwalk
What is ALS and the Ice Bucket Challenge?
Greggs Google fail: bakery chain falls afoul of search engine's algorithms with 'unofficial' logo
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
Is this the end of apps? New research says a third of us don't bother to download
- 1 Michael Brown shooting: Amnesty International sends team within US for first time as National Guard deployed
- 2 James Foley 'beheaded': Isis video shows militant with British accent 'execute US journalist' – and warns Obama of more to come
- 3 Reading Festival 2014: Tesco branch replaces salad and potatoes for Jagermesiter and vodka
- 4 Here’s the damning letter Robin Williams wrote to his Mrs Doubtfire co-star's principal after they expelled her
- 5 Ferguson protests: 90-year-old Holocaust survivor Hedy Epstein ‘arrested’ by police during St Louis demonstrations
iJobs Food & Drink
£6000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: Oracle 11...
£17K OTE £30K: Charter Selection: Highly successful and innovative specialist...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Working with an exciting ...
£23,000: Sauce Recruitment: A global leader in sports and entertainment is now...