I've used the same tart cases here as I did for the quails' egg tarts recipe on the previous page, as they are perfect for both sweet and savoury recipes.
110g golden syrup
30g dark treacle
110ml double cream
30g fresh white breadcrumbs
1 egg, beaten
½tbsp lemon juice
20 mini tart cases
Extra thick or clotted cream, to serve
Preheat the oven to 160C/gas mark 3. Meanwhile, make the filling by mixing the golden syrup, treacle, double cream, breadcrumbs and beaten egg together, and then stir in the lemon juice.
Fill the tart cases with the mixture and bake for 10-15 minutes; then leave to cool. Serve warm with some good extra-thick or clotted cream.
Life & Style blogs
Planes go hybrid-electric in important step to greener flight
Boxing Day sales: From Asos to Harrods, the best fashion deals
Healthy living could have prevented half a million cancer cases over last five years
The food fad that's starving Bolivia
'Tis the season!: Google celebrates Christmas Eve with second animated Doodle
- 1 PlayStation and Xbox hacked by Lizard Squad
- 2 Katie Hopkins speaks out on childhood obesity: 'Parents of fat children should be prosecuted for child cruelty'
- 3 The Grace Dent Christmas Questionnaire
- 4 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public set to see exhibits from police’s grisly crime museum
- 5 Vagina canoe artist defends herself over ‘obscenity’ charges
iJobs Food & Drink
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...
£240 - £275 per day: Investigo: Support the global business through in-depth a...
Negotiable: Ashdown Group: Data Manager - MySQL, Shell Scripts, Java, VB Scrip...
£27000 - £32000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Application Support Analyst - near S...