Tuna poke with sesame and avocado
Serves 2 but easily doubled
We've all had our ceviche, sashimi and tartare moments. Poke – a salad – is the next big thing for raw-fish lovers and is the easiest of them all to make. I have to admit that I'm a bit addicted.
400g/13oz sushi-grade tuna, chopped into 2cm dice
1 spring onion, very finely chopped
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp mirin
½ tsp sesame oil
2cm piece ginger, minced
1 tsp sesame seeds
75g/3oz halved cherry tomatoes
Juice ½ lime
½ avocado, peeled and chopped
Place the tuna in a bowl with the spring onion, pour over the soy, mirin, sesame oil and ginger and toss lightly together.
Add the sesame seeds, samphire and cherry tomatoes and toss lightly again. Pile on to serving plates.
Squeeze the lime juice over the avocado then stack next to the tuna and serve the coriander leaves alongside.
Life & Style blogs
Dozens of empty homes in two of Liverpool’s most deprived areas will be brought back into use thanks...
A roundup of the latest property news
Plus, do energy saving measures boost house prices?
- 1 Serena Williams apologises after comment that rape victim 'shouldn't have put herself in that position'
- 2 Disability campaigners celebrate 'victory' after government rethink over plans to make it more difficult to claim disability benefits
- 3 Bankers could face jail after report urges the Government to introduce new criminal offence for reckless management
- 4 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 5 We never knew Nigella Lawson - and we still don’t
iJobs Food & Drink
£20,000 - £45,000 OTE: Co-Venture: Working on international markets without ge...
£20,000 - £45,000 OTE: Co-Venture: Working for this company will give you a ch...
£40000 - £60000 Per Annum: The Green Recruitment Company: The Green Recruitmen...
£18000 - £35000 per annum + Award-Winning Benefits & Uncapped Comm: Flight Cen...